Driver Logs enables you to check the status, state, and duty log information of your fleet’s drivers. A benefit of Driver Logs is drivers’ logs can be exported for review or edits can be made or confirmed. It is possible to quickly send a message to a driver and view the past communication.
- To access the Driver Logs, on the main menu click Reports, and under Zonar Logs, select Driver Logs.
- The Driver List tab appears displaying current list of drivers and their current duty status. In the left-side menu, click a driver name in the list to view the Driver Details tab or click in the Search field and enter a name, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- To the right of the driver’s name, click to select a date for the driver logs. The default report is set to the current date.
- Click Filter, complete the following criteria to narrow your search details, and then click Apply:
|Dispatchers||Expand this list to select individual dispatchers name for the generated report. Selecting All Dispatchers will filter for all dispatchers within the generated report.|
|Dispatcher Locations||Expand the list to select from individual locations that are assigned to dispatchers for the generated report. Selecting All Locations will filter for all dispatcher locations within the generated report.|
|Duty Status||Expand the list to select an individual duty status of a driver for the generated report. Selecting All Duty Statuses will display all driver duty statuses within the generated report.|
Duty Status Indicator
The circle next to each driver's name shows their current duty status. When in an Off Duty status (OFF, SB, PC), the circle will be grey. When in an On Duty status (ON, D, YM), the circle will be green. If the driver is in violation the circle will be red.
If the driver is currently logged into an ELD tablet, the circle will be filled in. If the driver is not currently logged in, the circle will only be an outline:
The Driver Details tab displays the following information matching the Filter criteria you defined:
|Driver ID||Displays an identification number that is given to the driver.|
|EXSID||An identifier used for assets that are referenced by a number or ID outside of Ground Traffic Control.|
|Drivers Home Location||Displays the full address for the driver home location including street, city, state, zip code, and country.|
|Exemption applied||Displays true or false depending on if an exemption was applied for the current trip.|
|Active ruleset||Displays the current ruleset that is applied to the operator’s current trip.|
|Current team driver||Displays the active team driver for the current trip.|
|Team drivers||Displays past co-drivers who were logged in for the current day.|
|Total distance||Displays the total distance traveled for the day.|
|Total PC distance||Displays total personal conveyance distance travelled for the day.|
The current trip displays four separate clocks and dynamically change as the driver goes about their trip:
Displays how the selected driver has logged their hours. Hover the mouse over any of the duty status bars to display the following information:
Click the Vehicle Setup tab to view the following details about the vehicle used during the trip.
|CMV power unit||Displays the unique power unit number that is given to an asset within Ground Traffic Control.|
|VIN||Displays the VIN that is associated with the current asset.|
|Asset #||Displays the current asset number.|
|Asset License Plate #||Displays the license plate number for the current asset.|
|Carrier||Displays the associated carrier for the asset.|
|DOT #||Displays the DOT number that is associated to the asset.|
|Shipping Doc||Displays a unique shipping document number that is associated with the trip.|
|Shipper/ Commodity||Displays what type of cargo the asset is hauling during the trip.|
|Trailer||Displays if there is a trailer attached to the asset.|
|Dolly||Displays if there is a dolly attached to the asset.|
|Principal Place of Business||Displays the principal place of business for the carrier.|
Log Entry Details
- A log entry that is associated with a change in duty status will display the new duty status icon.
- All log entries are stamped with the exact time of record.
- Log details show which event was logged. You can identify who or what initiated the event by the first word of the entry:
- Driver: The driver initiated the log manually.
- ELD: The ELD rules engine initiated the log automatically.
- Engine: The vehicle initiated the log automatically.
- Carrier: The motor carrier initiated the log manually.
- The pencil icon allows editing if available.
- Bright blue: The event can be edited. Note that in some cases, the only edit that can be made is an annotation.
- Grey: The event can only be edited once the driver has certified that day's logs on the tablet.
- No icon: The event cannot be edited.
- Audit button: If the log entry has been edited, the audit trail icon will appear. Clicking it will expand the entry to show all edits to the entry with the newest edit at the top.
Drivers using ELD have access to the export function on the tablet. However, it is possible to export logs from the Ground Traffic Control report.
- Click the name of the driver to be exported.
- Click the Export icon in the upper right, then select either FMCSA Export or PDF Export.
If a DOT officer is requesting ELD logs, use this function.
- Select the date range (typically the previous 8 days).
- Select whether to export via Email or Web Services.
- These options will deliver the logs to a pre-configured FMCSA repository. Either may be used, although the DOT officer may request one or the other.
- The DOT officer may request that a code or other note be added to the logs. This should go in the Additional Comments field.
- Once the options are selected, click Export. This will automatically transfer the logs to the FMCSA per ELD regulation.
This will generate a PDF that can be saved to your computer for archival purposes.
- Select the date range of logs to be exported.
- Check Show violations to display violations on the PDF (optional).
- Click Export. The PDF will be generated and made available for viewing or saving.