The Sensor Failures report returns a list of diagnostic events that correspond with errors on the GPS unit, tablet, or an external sensor.
To access the Sensor Failures report:
- On the main menu click Reports, under Zonar Logs select HOS Reports, and then on the HOS Reports tab click the Sensor Failures view.
- Expand the Filters pane, define the following criteria to narrow your search results, and then click Apply:
Asset No: Select a specific asset to report on or All Assets to return failures associated with all assets.
Driver: Select a specific operator to report on or All Drivers to return failures associated with all operators. Driver Group: Select a specific Driver Group to report on or All Driver Groups to return failures associated with all assets.
Failure Types: Expand the dropdown list and select the check boxes next to the available types by which to search. Not selecting a type returns all types in the report. Options include:
Location: Select a specific location to filter the report by or leave it on the default “All Locations” to filter for every location on the generated report. Date Range: Select a preset number of days by which to search, or set a Custom start and end date for the report.
The results table displays the following information matching your filter criteria:
Asset No: Displays the asset ID number. Click Info to display the available asset information. Click the asset number to display all EVIRs reported for that asset.
Asset Location: Displays what location with which the asset is associated.
Date Time: Displays the date and time the failure occurred.
Last Name: Displays the last name of the operator who was logged in when the failure occurred.
First Name: Displays the first name of the operator who was logged in when the failure occurred.
Tag ID: Displays the operator’s login ID used to log into the tablet.
EXSID: Displays the External System Identifier associated with the operator.
Address: Displays the location provided by the GPS device when the failure occurred.
Failure Type: When the tablet is missing information, such as ECM data or location information, a failure occurs. Find the reason for the failure in the failure type column.
Failure types include:
- Clock Error—Not yet implemented.
- Display Error—Not yet implemented.
- External Memory Full—In Self-check, if there is less than 0.4GB of free space on the tablet’s internal storage, this error will be generated.
- Internal Memory Full—In Self-check, if there is less than 0.4GB of free space on the SD card inserted into the tablet, this error will be generated.
- Keyboard Error—Not yet implemented.
- Low Voltage—Not yet implemented.
- Memory Error—Not yet implemented.
- No Driver ID—If a drive (D) or on (ON) event is sent but the operator is unknown, this error will be generated.
- No ECM Data—If data from the ECM is bad or not available, this error will be generated every hour until restored.
- No Latitude Longitude—If the location information received from the GPS device is bad or missing, this error will be generated every hour until restored.
- No Time Synchronization—Not yet implemented.
- Power Off—Not yet implemented.
- Power On—Not yet implemented.
- Test Okay—Self-check passes without any errors.
- Unknown—Not yet implemented.
Note: Data contained within the previous report complies with ANSI INCITS 446-2008.