Before adjusting the Asset Profile (Height, Width, Weight, Hazardous Cargo, etc.), the operator must coordinate with his dispatcher. Either the Dispatcher in Ground Traffic Control or the operator (on the tablet) should set the Asset Profile, but not both.
Distracted Driving Warning
Do not use this device while the vehicle is in motion or in any other driving situation. Using the device while driving can create dangerous situations where the driver may not be focused on the road or task at hand.
Navigation Home Screen
- Map: The map displays the operator’s current position, route and destination. It may also display additional information such as traffic details or points of interest.
- Navigation Tools/Menu: The navigation tools are a customizable suite of displays that can display multiple levels of information to the operator such as ETA, ETT, directions and more. The information being displayed can be easily customized. Tapping on either of the displays will allow selection of the information shown.
- Operator Warning/Alert: If the account is configured to alert operators when nearing or crossing certain thresholds, these notifications will be displayed here.
- ZLogs Clock: (Visible only if ZLogs is installed on the same device). ZLogs Clock shows the operator’s remaining time for the ruleset. The current ruleset the operator is under is
- Update Status: (This is only available to a co-operator, or if the asset is not in motion). A stationary operator or co-operator can update their duty status by tapping this button.
- Adjust Brightness: This option allows the user to toggle between the different brightness modes which also include auto brightness.
What’s on my map?
The Navigation map displays the route and location of the vehicle.
Additional toolbars display:
- Location in text
- Distance to destination
What are the warnings and what do they mean?
An optional feature that may or may not be available on the tablet alerts a driver that exceeds set speed limits or idle times, and displays a warning on the right toolbar that issues visual and audible warnings to drivers regarding:
Warnings are indicated by blue signs and provide notification to the driver. These are not reported to the back office system and are meant to act as a reminder for a driver to stop a behavior before it becomes reportable.
Alerts are indicated by yellow signs and notify the drivers that their behavior or violation has been noted and the back office system will be informed of it in the drivers’ performance reports.
How do I update my duty status?
If necessary, the driver may use the side toolbar to update his or her duty status. Refer to the ZLogs help for instructions on updating duty status.
This is only available to the co-driver, or if the vehicle is not moving.
View Destination from Message
When a dispatcher sends a message that contains a properly formatted address, the address will appear as a blue link. The driver can tap on the address, which will then open in the Navigation app and automatically calculate a route.
Example address: 18200 Cascade Ave S, Seattle, WA 98188
Adjusting ETA/Time Remaining
Drivers may adjust the display time between ETA and Time Remaining to Destination within the Navigation application.
Once the Navigation application is open and a destination is set, touch one of the small displays beneath the map. A list of available display options appears for the selected window. The desired option can be selected, and pressing the Back button will return to the map with the selected option showing.
Specify Asset Dimensions in Navigation
Before adjusting the Asset Profile (Height, Width, Weight, Hazardous Cargo, etc.), the operator must coordinate with their dispatcher. Either the Dispatcher, in Ground Traffic Control or the operator, (on the tablet) should set the Asset Profile, but not both.
When using the Navigation Application, it’s critical that the specifications for the asset you are operating be factored into the routing.
To adjust the Vehicle Routing Profile, launch the Navigation application. Once in the navigation application, press the hard menu button, which will bring up the Navigation Menu.
Tap Route at the bottom of the screen and then tap Vehicle Routing Profile.
Enter in all of the necessary information to ensure a proper and safe route to your destination.
Navigation Units of Measure
When using the Navigation Application, you can view route length in either English (miles) or Metric (kilometers). This will also affect how you enter the Dimensions of the asset.
To adjust the Units of Measure, launch the Navigation application. Once in the navigation application, press the hard menu button, which will bring up the Navigation Menu.
Tap Settings at the bottom of the screen and then scroll to find Units of Measure. Tap Units of Measure and select either English or Metric.
Where can I view additional information on the Navigation application?
The Navigation application uses the CoPilot Truck software; further information can be obtained from the CoPilotTruck manual or on Trimble's support site.