Why am I not seeing videos or images for all incidents in Zonar Coach?
Because of the high data consumption that occurs when many incidents are uploaded to the back end fleet dashboard, an algorithm determines how many videos or images can be uploaded per driver trip.
This only pertains to the back end fleet dashboard. Drivers will see all incident videos and images on their tablet for 24 hours.
The number of event incidents uploaded are limited by the length of each trip:
|Trip Length||Max Number of Incidents|
|Less than 1 hour||3|
The incidents per trip are ordered based on their priority:
|3||Stop Sign Violation|
For each event category, the incidents will be ordered by timestamp (i.e. first occurred, first uploaded). All incidents in each prioritized event category will be uploaded before moving to the next category until the maximum number of incidents by trip duration is reached.
How can I check what the camera is recording?
The RideCam camera should already be installed in the correct position and orientation. If the camera is bumped or moved, it may be necessary to re-position the camera.
Caution: Do not attempt this procedure while driving.
- Make sure the vehicle is parked and turned on.
- Make sure the camera is on (the blue LED is lit on the front of the camera).
- Undock the tablet. This is necessary to tell the app that the vehicle is not in trip mode and to access the video image on the tablet.
- Open the Zonar Coach app on the tablet.
- Tap the menu icon and tap Live Video.
- The tablet voice prompts, “Please adjust the dash cam so that it can see the road ahead.”
- If the view field is not clear, adjust the camera by rotating it on the mount.
- The image should be centered on the area in front, with a slight amount of the vehicle hood appearing at the bottom of the frame.
- If the image is upside down, tap FLIP FRAME to correct.
- Tap DONE when position and functionality are confirmed.
My Ridecam camera isn't connecting to my Connect tablet. What do I do?
Sometimes an error state can occur when the tablet is left on. Reboot the tablet to resolve this issue. It's a good idea to reboot or shut off your Connect tablet to prevent this.
How do I request video from a trip that isn't part of a driving incident?
It may be necessary to review the video of a trip either before or after an incident recording in order to understand the "big picture". The DVR (Digital Video Recorder) feature records video during the duration of a trip.
You can request a one minute clip of video from any part of a trip on the Trip Summary page of the Zonar Coach dashboard.
As new trips are recorded, the oldest video on a tablet is removed to free up storage space. Video clips may not be available if they are older than 24 hours.