This guide is for drivers who maintain logs towards the hours of service as part of their job. Driver Dashboard is a web application, accessible from a standard PC, tablet or smartphone that allows drivers to update their duty status remotely after logging in. In short, the driver’s duty status and logs will be kept in sync at all times. Driver Dashboard is not a replacement to drivers in the vehicle, but a supplement to drivers when they are not driving and outside of the vehicle. Drivers should still use their tablets, dock them to update their duty status and drive to accurately capture their drive hours.
Driver Dashboard only allows non-motion duty status change to ON or OFF duty. For all other duty status changes, the driver should login to the tablet on the vehicle and update their duty status.
- Valid email address for the driver profile in Ground Traffic Control® (GTC)
- Email invitation to the Driver Dashboard
- Driver-created password for the dashboard
If you already have access to GTC you can use those credentials to log in.
- Check your inbox for a welcome email from Zonar Systems.
- Click Verify your email address.
- This will let you set up your password for the Driver Dashboard.
- Log in to the Driver Dashboard with the email address and password.
- On the Driver Dashboard landing page, verify that you are able to see the company code, company name, and your driver name as set up in the GTC driver profile.
- Tap Change Duty Status and select ON or OFF as necessary.
- Required: Enter the Location where you are making the duty status update to keep track on time of duty status change and location.
- Optional: Enter an annotation to describe your duty status change in the Notes field. Tap or click Confirm.
When you change your duty status from the dashboard it also gets updated in GTC and on your tablet in the Grid or List view.
Q: I am a new driver and I have never updated my duty status -- can I update the duty status on the dashboard?
A: Yes, you can update your duty status to ON or OFF from the dashboard.
Q: What if my current duty status in the dashboard does not match my last duty status change using my tablet?
A: Driver Dashboard shows the last duty status change that was logged in GTC. If you have not docked your tablet and transmitted your logs to your dispatcher, there is a chance that Driver Dashboard will not be completely up to date. It is recommended to dock your tablet and transmit your current logs before starting use of the dashboard if at all possible. If not, just switch yourself into the appropriate duty status after you log in to the Driver Dashboard and dock your tablet whenever possible.
Q: I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
A: Click “Don't remember your password” on the Driver Dashboard login page.
Q: I want to use my personal mail address to log in instead of my company email address. How do I change my login email and password?
A: Contact your dispatcher and ask them to update the email address on the driver profile.
Q: I want to update my new CDL in the drivers profile in GTC. How can I do that and will that impact my access to the dashboard?
A: Your dispatcher can update the drivers profile with the new CDL and state and that will not impact your access to the dashboard.
Q: I did not set up my email in the GTC driver profile. Can I set it up now and gain access to the dashboard?
A: Yes. Ask your dispatcher to enter your email on the driver profile and you should receive an invitation with instructions on how to access the Driver Dashboard.
Q: I forgot the email that is set in my Driver Profile. How do I get access to Driver Dashboard?
A: Contact your dispatcher to get the email address. If you remember the password you can login immediately. Otherwise, change your password and login.