This article guides you through the necessary items that must be set up in Ground Traffic Control to ensure that the Yard Moves feature works properly.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has granted a 5-year exemption to the Yard Moves rule on a power-off cycle. Per the exemption, drivers will continue to be in the Yard Moves Special Duty Status (SDS) so long as they drive within a geo-fence or drive at a speed less than 20 mph outside of the geo-fence.
- Dispatchers will continue to configure drivers for Yard Moves in Ground Traffic Control
- Motor carriers can set up geo-fencing for drivers at the account level
- Power-off cycle (ON_OFF_ON)after setting YM: Driver is prompted to continue in YM or to change the duty status.
- Continue in YM: Driver stays in Yard Move.
- No action on prompt: Auto-Drive prompt is displayed if the driver starts driving without responding. Duty status is changed to Driving.
- Driver is outside the geo-fence AND moving at a speed greater than or equal to 20 mph: Automatically exit YM and the driver will immediately be put in Auto-Drive.
- Driver is entering a geo-fence: Driver can be prompted for going into Yard Move. The driver can choose (Yes/No) with a single click to be placed into Yard Move.
See Zones to learn how to create and edit geo-fences and define the geo-fence category.
For this exemption to work, you must select Zonar Yard from the Category drop-down list on the Zones page.