The Electronic Verified Inspection Reporting for the Tab Active tablets uses NFC tags to enable component inspection in specific zones. This EVIR version (1.5) is only available on the Samsung Tab Active tablets.
Distracted Driving Warning
Do not use this device while the vehicle is in motion or in any other driving
situation. Using the device while driving can create dangerous situations where the
driver may not be focused on the road or task at hand.
Start an Inspection
- Make sure that the tablet is securely docked.
- Log into the tablet.
- Tap the EVIR tile on the tablet Home screen to access the EVIR application.
- From the EVIR home screen, tap Start New Inspection.
- On the Choose Inspection Type screen, select your inspection type and tap Continue.
- Scan the asset tag on the asset to begin the inspection.
Scanner is located on middle back of the tablet.
- Tap the check box that says "I have reviewed the last vehicle inspection report" and tap Continue.
Inspect the Vehicle
- On the Enter Information screen, enter the vehicle mileage and tap Continue.
- On the Perform new inspection screen, follow the on-screen directions to complete the scan. You can select the X to close the help display or use the back button on the tablet.
Tap at the top right of the screen if you are having trouble with tag scanning.
- If necessary, attach photographs to the condition.
You can attach 3 photos per defect and 5 photos per inspection.
- Tap the camera icon at the top right.
- On the Add Photo dialog, tap Take Photo.
- Take the picture and click OK.
- Click Add to add the attached photo.
- Click Save to attach the photo to the inspection.
- Scan the remaining zone tags to complete the inspection.
Defect found while inspecting a zone
- Tap the defective component from the list and then tap the condition.
- Tap Yes or No for Is it save to drive prompt. Yes indicates a non-critical defect and the asset is drivable. No indicates a critical defect and the asset is not drivable.
- Click Save.
Each zone’s status is coded for quick reference:
- No defects found in previous inspection.
- Defects found, vehicle was safe to drive.
- Defects found, vehicle was unsafe to drive.
Inspection in low light condition
Tap the flashlight icon at the top right of tablet to turn it on at any time.
Certify and Submit the Inspection
- Once the zones have been scanned, tap Continue, and then tap the check box that says "I certify that this inspection is accurate" and click Submit.
- Dock the tablet to upload the inspection. You will hear two beeps when the inspection is uploaded.
If a zone tag is missing, you can perform an Unverified Inspection.
- The first steps of the inspection remain the same.
- When prompted to scan a zone tag that is missing, select a zone by tapping and holding.
- Enter your ID in the PIN field or scan your operator card.
- Enter your PIN.
- Tap OK.
- Inspect the zone.
My inspection has trailer zones, but I don't have a trailer.
Trailer and Dolly zones are optional. An inspection is marked as Complete if no trailer zones are inspected.
If some, but not all, trailer zones are inspected the inspection is marked Incomplete.
When adding a trailer that does not have tags, tap and hold on each zone to perform an unverified inspection as above. Unverified inspections on trailers additionally ask you to type in the number for each unverified zone:
The same number must be typed for all zones on the same trailer. If a different number is typed, the system registers a second trailer marks the inspection as Incomplete.
View Inspection History
- On the Home screen, tap the History tab..
- On this screen you can access previous inspections and filter them by inspection type and asset.
- Tap All Inspections, to sort by inspection type
- Tap All Assets to sort by asset.
- Tap an inspection on the list to review the inspection, any reported defects, and repair status.
View Asset Profile
On the Home screen, tap the asset name to the right of Current asset to bring up the Asset profile.
The profile provides the following information:
- Asset Number
- Manufacturer (if provided)
- Asset Tag Number
- VIN (if provided)
- Asset Type (Standard, Trailer, or Dolly)
Update Inspection Options
- Make sure the tablet is docked and the engine is running.
- From the Home screen, tap Inspection Types.
- Tap Check for Updates. If there is an update, the tablet downloads the Inspection Configuration.