This article provides quick steps for updating your assets from AOBRD to ELD in Zonar Ground Traffic Control™ (GTC). The following steps must be done in the specified order so that the older version of Hours of Service (AOBRD) is removed and ELD is installed.
This procedure is needed for carriers who have opted to manage their own transition and who have signed and returned the Asset Description contract.
- From the GTC main menu, select Manage and then click Asset Attributes from the Assets section.
- Click in the upper right corner of the Asset Attributes screen.
- On the Assign Asset Description screen, click the asset that you want to manage from the Select Asset(s) box on the left. The asset that you selected will move to the Selected Assets box on the right.
- From the Asset Description drop down, find the package that the asset previously had and replace it with the equivalent package that has ELD instead of ZL in the package name.
- Click . The asset will move back to the Select Asset(s) box on the left with the asset description next to the asset name.
After you click Save, it takes 15 to 30 minutes for the system to apply your changes.
- Power up the telematics control unit.
- Check to see if the device is updating (the update starts automatically from the tablet.)
- If you see an on-screen prompt that says Reboot now, go ahead and tap it to finish the update to ELD.
- Once the tablet has downloaded the software, power cycle the vehicle engine 3 times.
If you have downloaded the software and key cycled the engine 3 times, but you do not get Auto Drive events as expected after takeoff, immediately contact Zonar Customer Support.
If the update does not start, follow the steps for a manual update. From the tablet home screen, tap All apps, then tap Settings. On the Settings screen, tap Zonar settings, then tap Check for Zonar updates. This will start the update process for you.