Ground Traffic Control provides a fast and efficient way to upload multiple assets or drivers simultaneously by importing a CSV file into the database. This makes it easy to apply the new ELD field once your account has been switched to ELD.
To import assets:
- From the main menu click Manage, then go to Assets, and then click Assets.
- Click Import.
To import drivers:
- From the main menu click Manage, then go to Drivers, and then click Drivers.
- Click Import.
From the Import dialog (Import Assets or Import Drivers), follow these steps:
- Before you submit anything, click Sample Template or Complete Set to download a template that you can use to make sure that the CSV format is correct. Complete set has all your current asset or driver information--this is useful for modifying multiple assets or drivers at one time. Sample template allows you to build your own CSV. If you already have a formatted CSV file to upload, click Skip.
- Click Browse and select the CSV file to import.
- Click Open.
- Clear the CSV Import Has Headers check box if your CSV file does not include category headers, for example, if you created your own CSV for importing instead of using the Sample or Complete set.
- Click Submit. The system returns a CSV file to confirm your changes or to show errors. "No Rows Found" means that the import was successful. Any rows of data found in the CSV file indicates an unsuccessful import. The errors show at the far right side of the data.
CSV Format (Assets Import)
CSV columns must be in the following order:
- Asset Id (Empty for Adding/Required for Editing)
- Asset No.* ±
- ECU VIN (cannot change – display only)
- Deprecated Manufacturer
- Zonar Tag ID (numeric) ±
- GPS Id** for update ±
- Inspection Device
- GPS Device Type (cannot change – display only)
- Radio Address ±
- Hubometer Offset
- Engine Hours
- In-Service Date (format is MM/DD/YYYY)*
- Status (Active or Inactive)
- Weight per axle
- Hazardous Materials
- Custom Field 1
- Custom Value 1
- Custom Field 2
- Custom Value 2
- HOS Device Type
- Power Unit NO
- Speed Classification
* Required Fields
± Value must be unique for each Asset
** You can only update assets that are already in Ground Traffic Control if you include the GPS ID.
CSV Format (Driver Import)
For ELD accounts, the ruleset is required for each driver when you are using the Import Drivers feature in GTC.
The Import Drivers box has the following new CSV labels:
|Label||UI Field Type||Permitted Values||Validation|
|ELD Exempt Comment||Text||Text||If ELD Exempt is checked, Comments cannot be null.|
|Personal Conveyance||Checkbox||Yes or No||Any value other than Yes or No is not permitted.|
|Max PC Miles||Freeform Text||Null, Integers||Should be Empty if Personal Conveyance is No.
If Personal Conveyance is Yes
Can be between 1 and 100.
Can be empty
|Yard Move||Checkbox||Yes or No||Any value other than Yes or No is not permitted.|
|Hi Rail||Checkbox||Yes or No||Any value other than Yes or No is not permitted.|
|Wait Time||Checkbox||Yes or No||Any value other than Yes or No is not permitted.|
|Freeform||email with @ and .||Validated for email format. Can be null.|
For ELD accounts, validation is performed on the 7 new fields in the Driver Profile when they are imported and submitted.
- If the validation fails on any field: An error is presented for that driver. All the errors for a driver are presented, separated by commas. Warnings are presented with the prefix of WARNING.
- Driver records that have ERRORS will not be created.
- Driver records with WARNINGS will be created.
The following restrictions apply to importing Driver Profiles:
Error Message (CSV Error column)
If change is made to ELD Exempt Status field from 0 to E, ELD Exempt Status Comment field must be populated.
EXEMPT COMMENTS IS A MUST FOR EXEMPT DRIVERS
Max PC Miles cannot be blank if Personal Conveyance is enabled for a driver.
MAX PC MILES IS REQUIRED FOR DRIVERS USING PERSONAL CONVEYANCE(PC)
Default ruleset is not set that ELD required at least one ruleset to be set.
RULESET for an ELD DRIVER CANNOT BE BLANK
Wait time is "Yes" and deafult ruleset HAS TO be "Texas Oil"
WAIT TIME CAN BE YES ONLY IF DEFAULT RULESET IS TEXAS OIL.
If Email exists, it should be a valid format
INVALID EMAIL FORMAT.
Last Name should be a min of 2 characters
LAST NAME SHOULD BE MIN OF 2 CHARACTERS
TAGID should be a min of 4
TAGID SHOULD BE A MIN OF 4 NUMBERS.