Q: Where do we go to troubleshoot EVIR Mobile?
A: PCAT Research and Diagnostics tool.
Q: Where do we go to troubleshoot EVIR 1.0 and 1.5?
A: All information needed to troubleshoot EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 has been added to PCAT Research and Diagnostics tool.
Q: Will I be able to look at Two Way Messages for EVIR Mobile?
A: No. EVIR Mobile does not use Two Way Messages, but rather RESTful API calls. Only EVIR developers can see the contents of individual calls, using our team Datadog dashboard.
Q: What are we doing for failed inspections in EVIR Mobile?
A: EVIR Mobile will have no more failed inspections. We built EVIR 2.0 so that the original causes of failed inspections no longer apply:
- Missing Tag ID - The mobile app downloads the entire account's asset list at startup and refreshes the asset list every 4 hours. The app will show the user an error message if they attempt to scan a tag that isn't associated to an asset, and will guide them to manually search for their asset in the asset list or manually enter compliance-required asset details before starting their inspection.
- Missing Driver Tag ID - The mobile app will not let a user log in if they don't have an active user account or don't have permissions to access EVIR. If their account is deactivated or their permissions are revoked, the mobile app will automatically log them out.
- Invalid Config - Even if an inspection was performed with an outdated config, it will still be uploaded, viewable, and repairable on the EVIR Mobile Web App.
Q: What happens if inspection data is corrupted in EVIR Mobile?
A: We have a database that "catches" all inspections that are rejected by the EVIR Web App API for containing corrupted or invalid data. Our developers can look inside this database, diagnose the problem, complete a bug fix, and then re-run these inspections through our API to attempt upload again.
Q: Where do I go to report an EVIR bug? What information should go into a bug ticket?
A: The EVIR Triage project in JIRA. We triage bugs for EVIR 1.5 and EVIR Mobile every Monday.
Q: Is EVIR compliant with rental and intermodal inspection requirements?
A: Just EVIR Mobile.
Q: Why are we doing US Compliance first for EVIR Mobile, and not being compliant in all regions at release?
A: US Compliance holds features that are common between all regions that have DVIRs, so completing this feature set first will not only allow us to start selling EVIR Mobile sooner, but also brings us much closer to international compliance.
Q: When will EVIR become Canadian Compliant, and on which devices?
A: Only EVIR Mobile will be Canadian compliant. Due to the adoption of Canadian ELD in 2021, EVIR team will time EVIR Canadian Compliance with the release of Canadian Compliant ELD, because ELD availability will be the key driver in Canadian customers choosing which telematics provider to select.
Q: Why are we doing Canadian and International compliance only for EVIR Mobile?
A: The EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 codebase is more inflexible and unstable than that of EVIR Mobile, and engineering has confirmed that it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to make the data and workflow changes needed to support Canadian Compliance.
Q: What standard configs do we have?
EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 - we have standard pre- and post-trip configs for most asset types.
EVIR Mobile - we have standard configs (also called "base configs") for the 5 most common asset types (Bus, Truck, Light Duty, Trailer, Dolly) and the 4 most common use cases (Pre/Post Trip, Clock In/Out, Load Securement, Child Check). We will support more asset types when we implement the Custom Config creator.
Q: How are standard and custom configs deployed?
EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 - Configs are kept in a library of XMLs on the shared drive. When a new customer joins, Configs department helps them to select which ones they need, and the configs are deployed to customers' accounts via Admin Console.
EVIR Mobile - Standard configs are deployed with the mobile app and are available to every customer. Custom configs will be deployed from the Custom Configs creator for EVIR Mobile, which is separate from EVIR Config Tool or Admin Console.
Q: How are EVIR Mobile configs different than EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 configs?
EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 - There is a different config for every asset type. (Example: Truck Pre-Trip, Truck Pre-Trip with Trailer, Bus Pre-Trip) Arbitrary Data Fields only support whole numbers and dropdowns.
EVIR Mobile - There is one config that contains zone layouts for every asset type it supports. (Example: A customer just sees the option "Pre-Trip", and EVIR Mobilewill automatically detect the asset type and show the correct zones for that asset.) Arbitrary Data Fields support whole numbers, decimals, text, dropdowns, checkboxes, and modals. Custom configs will also have the options to enforce zone order and set a maximum or minimum defect severity for components and conditions.
Q: Where will we build custom configs?
EVIR 1.0 and 1.5 - Custom configs will be created in EVIR Config Tool, stored in the shared drive, and deployed in Admin Console.
EVIR Mobile - Custom configs will be created in a new EVIR Mobile tool, which will also store and deploy the configs.
Q: Why are we building a separate custom config tool for EVIR Mobile?
- EVIR Mobile configs are so different from EVIR 1.0/1.5 configs that ECT wouldn't work for those configs anyway.
- Reduce EVIR dependency on Admin Console.
- Make deploying configs more efficient - rather than copying XML files and deploying copies to individual customer accounts, we can have one copy of a config that is deployed to multiple accounts. This also makes updating and versioning configs much easier for the Configs team.
Q: Will the EVIR Mobile custom config tool allow people to create custom Asset Map views?
A: Yes. The Asset Map View in EVIR Mobile Mobile App is crafted by placing circles (representing zones) on a grid that lays over the picture of the vehicle. Users making custom configs will be able to place the zones for Asset Map View using this method as well.
Q: Will the EVIR Mobile configs limit the number of trailers and dollies that can be inspected?
A: No. The user can add as many trailers and dollies as they need, when they do every inspection type