The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued some guidelines specifically for long-haul truck drivers. The guidance is to help truck drivers limit exposure to the deadly virus and keep them healthy.
The list includes the following advice:
- Notify your supervisor and stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Make a plan with your employer and family if you become sick on the road
- Follow CDC recommended steps if you are sick
- Limit close contact with others
- Wear a cloth face covering
- Clean and disinfect commonly-touched surfaces
For the complete list of all the driver recommendations and a list of steps that employers should take, visit the Center for Disease Control website.