The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) released guidance to help business owners keep stockroom and loading dock workers safe from coronavirus. This advice is in addition to their Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
The safety measures include:
- Stock displays (e.g., shelves and freezers) during slow periods or shifts during which stores are closed to minimize contact with the public;
- If stocking occurs while stores are open, use barriers or markers to physically separate shelf stockers from customers;
- Maintain at least 6 feet between co-workers and customers, where possible;
- Limit customer capacity in stores;
- Coordinate with vendors and delivery companies to minimize the need for stockroom and loading dock worker contact with delivery drivers;