Typically, the installation technician performs the first-time boot-up, downloads and installs any necessary updates, and accepts the license agreements for the software. The following steps occur for a tablet first-time boot after all software and applications are installed.
- Tablet performs a series of internal checks and tests to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Tablet checks for cellular connection (GSM) and if established, updates the Organization and Asset Profiles.
- Tablet displays navigation warning message (if the Navigation application is installed), which must be accepted before continuing.
- Tablet displays the license agreement, which also must be accepted.
- Tablet displays the Log In screen with a prompt for a Driver ID and PIN.
If the prompt for Reboot now displays on the tablet, it is recommended that you select it (not Reboot later) to ensure that the latest ELD update will be installed on the tablet.
It is important to follow these steps before ANY movement of the vehicle occurs to avoid unidentified driving events and to ensure all driving is properly accounted for. Logging into the tablet ensures the logs are recorded and stored with the proper driver’s profile.
- Turn on the power for the tablet.
- On the Driver Login screen, enter your driver ID or scan your driver card and tap Next.
- Enter your PIN and tap Login. This number is provided by the motor carrier before first use of the device.
Driver Login ID and PIN is unique for the driver and should not be shared with anyone.
The tablet home screen allows for quick access to Zonar applications and All Apps.
Buttons on the bottom of the tablet home screen have various functions.
- Messaging: Allows you to access the Messaging application with the Inbox, Outbox, Unread and Sent Messages, and Forms.
- Clock: The tablet clock is set based on the GPS unit in the asset. However, the clock includes the ability to set alarms.
- All Apps: Tapping the All Apps Menu icon in the bottom bar will give you access to other applications and tools, including Help for each application, Quick Tips and ELD Help.
- Brightness: Allows you to adjust the brightness level on the tablet.
- Driver Management: Tapping on this will display the current active drivers and will allow you to log out.