Zonar Logs ELD supports team driving by using a Manage Drivers feature with an Active driver and a Co-Driver. who can be made active. Only active drivers can place themselves in motion status. The co-driver does have the ability to change their status to any non-motion duty status.
The tablet must remain docked while in motion; otherwise, unidentified driving logs will be created.
- Tap the icon at the top of the Application Menu in the upper left corner.
- Tap a driver, enter the PIN, and tap OK. The driver may be prompted to certify the previous day’s logs. See Driver Log Certification.
Changing the viewed driver will let the co driver mange their logs but it does not change who the active driver is and they will continue to get motion duty statuses.
Active driver is the driver behind the wheel. Team drivers should ensure the driver who is currently driving be set as the “Active Driver.” Any automatically generated events are associated with the active driver once the vehicle goes into motion.
Setting Active Driver
- Tap the icon at the bottom right corner of the tablet home screen.
- n the Manage Drivers screen, tap the name of a non-active driver, indicated by the “Make Active” icon.
- Tap Save & Continue.
The active or the non-active driver can simply tap the icon to log out.
The driver has logs to review or certify. See Driver Log Certification.
Co-driver is the person who is not actively driving. The co-driver can access their logs or update the Shipping Document or Trailer ID under “My Setup.” The co-driver can also change between three duty statuses: On Duty, Sleeper Berth, and Off Duty. The co-driver cannot go into a motion status.
Adding A Co-driver
- Tap + Add Co-Driver.
- On the Co-Driver Log in screen, enter the log in credentials.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the PIN and tap Log in to see the tablet home screen.
After the co-driver is done with logs, the active driver must be re-selected and the team can resume normal use.