As of January 15, 2022, certain groups of travelers, who are currently exempt from entry requirements, will only be allowed to enter Canada if they’re fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved for entry into the country.
Groups included in this requirement
- Essential service providers, including truck drivers
- International students who are 18 years old and older
- Professional and amateur athletes
- Individuals with a valid work permit, including temporary foreign workers (outside of those in agriculture and food processing)
- People travel to reunite with family (unvaccinated children under 18 years of age will retain exemption if travelling to reunite with an immediate or extended family member who is a Canadian, permanent resident, or person registered under the Indian Act)
Exempt unvaccinated travelers will continue to be subject to testing, quarantine, and other entry requirements.