My tablet is showing me an SH00- error code. (i.e. SH001, SH002, SH003, etc.) What does this mean, and how can I fix it?
This is a server timeout error which primarily occurs when turning on a tablet for the first time. The tablet is attempting to establish a connection with the GPS unit so that it can download information about the customer account and vehicle but is unable to do so within the one-minute timeframe. Sometimes this is due to the vehicle being set up incorrectly in Zonar Ground Traffic Control. Contact your dispatcher or system administrator to make sure the asset is set up correctly.
I am unable to log into my tablet; how can I troubleshoot this?
There are a number of possible error messages the tablet may display when trying to log in:
|Authentication Timed Out||The server response is taking longer than normal. Attempt to log in again.|
|GSM Required For Login||The tablet may not be able to communicate with the server. Ensure it is docked and the vehicle is running.|
|Tablet must be docked to log in||Ensure the tablet is on the dock. If it is, there may be an issue with the wiring connecting to the GPS unit.|
|Invalid ID or PIN||The credentials you are trying to log in with are incorrect. Contact your dispatcher or system administrator to verify your credentials.|
Can I move my tablet from one asset to another?
Yes. Each time you move a tablet to a new vehicle, it will need to re-download account information while the vehicle’s engine is running. Frequently switching tablets between different assets is not advisable.
How do I order new equipment or replacement parts?
- Serialized items (such as GPS units or tablets): Contact your designated Sales Representative
- Non-Serialized items (such as cables, vehicle mounts, and operator and student cards): You can order with a credit card via the Zonar Store or with a purchase order via our Ancillary Order Form.
Is it okay to power off the tablet while driving?
No. Turning the tablet off while driving can lead to complications related to driver logs, such as over or understated drive times in Zonar Logs. Also, the driver will be unable to receive any messages from dispatch.
What do I do if my tablet won't scan driver cards or tags?
- Always scan using the bottom left corner of the tablet where the scanner is located. The indicator light should turn blue when the tablet is ready to scan (bottom left corner of the tablet) and there will be an audible “beep” with each successful scan.
- Try scanning other tags or cards. If the tablet scans other items, then the tablet is not the issue.
- Try scanning the tag or card with another tablet. If the other tablet scans the tag or card, then the tag or card is not the issue.
- Check tag placement. Thick pieces of metal (like the frame of the vehicle) can sometimes interfere with the scan.
- Try a hard reset on the tablet by inserting a paperclip into the reset button.
- If the tablet still will not scan, the tablet may need to be replaced.
What does the green light on the tablet mean?
The green light located on the front bottom left corner of the tablet indicates that the tablet is currently charging. The light may stay on for a period of time after the vehicle’s engine has been powered off.
If the vehicle is running and the light is off, it may mean that the battery has a full charge. Removing the tablet for a short time then redocking should cause the light to appear.
Why is my tablet not charging?
Active charging on the tablet is indicated by a green light near the bottom left corner. If the tablet already has a full battery charge, the light will not be on.
Daimler installs: The charge indicator will only be on when the engine is either keyed on or running.
Other installs: The charge indicator will continue to charge for a half hour after the engine has been turned off.
Ensure that the cables labeled To GPS are plugged in to the GPS Unit. The From Vehicle cable should receive the 4-pin running from the vehicle’s power harness.
What happens if the vehicle is in a poor cellular coverage area?
When this occurs, the GPS Unit will enter store-and-forward mode, storing the data until it can reconnect to the cellular network. Once the GPS Unit is able to reconnect to the cellular network, it will upload the stored data and the information will be available on Ground Traffic Control for viewing. This includes any inspection data that may be stored on the GPS Unit, 2010, or tablet.