The Alerts page is where alerts for vehicles in your fleet are posted, allowing you to quickly see fault codes and issues occurring in near real time. Administrators can access the Alert Management page from here to set up these alerts for key recipients, notifying them via this page and email.
There are two ways to access Alerts:
- Click here to go directly to the Alerts page.
- Click Alerts at the bottom of the sidebar.
Filters: Select individual filters to narrow the list to only desired events. The available filters are:
- Locations: Click to select one or more locations as defined in Ground Traffic Control. The events list will filter to only events from assets in those locations. Defaults to all locations.
- Status: Click to select only Open (active) events, Closed (inactive) events, or both. Defaults to Open.
- Severity: Click to select only Critical events, Minor events, or both. Defaults to Critical.
- All Activity: This tab displays all alerts for the account, regardless of recipient.
- My Alerts: This tab displays only alerts for which you have been set as a recipient. These alerts will also be sent to the email address in your Ground Traffic Control user profile.
- Alert Card: Each card displays information about an individual alert. For information on what's contained in each card, see Alert Details.
Manage Alerts: Click to access the Alert Management page.
You need the
alertingadminpermission set on your user profile in Ground Traffic Control to see this button and access the page. Contact your company administrator if you do not have access to Alert Management but believe you should.
- Severity: Displays for Critical events and for Minor events.
- Asset: Displays the name of the asset generating the alert.
- Time Since Alert: Displays how long ago the alert was generated. For an exact timestamp, see INSERT TS in the alert details.
- Fault Code: Displays the plain English description of the Suspect Parameter Number (SPN) or Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) generated by the event.
- Failure Mode Indicator: Displays the plain English description of the associated Failure Mode Indicator (FMI), if available.
- View Details: Click the View Details button on an alert to display vital information about the alert. The exact information will vary depending on the type of alert.