For information on how to mark reported defects as repaired, see the Managing and Repairing Defects section on this page.
The Open Defects report displays all assets that currently have defects reported and not yet repaired. You can filter your search to narrow the search results and resolve the open defects.
Mechanics and supervisors can use this report to:
- View which assets have been flagged for defects by drivers;
- Enter repair information once the defect has been repaired to clear it in the system.
You can access the Open Defects screen from the main menu in the Assets section.
By default, the report shows all defects currently outstanding. You can use the following filters to narrow the search results:
- Config Type: Select the configuration that was used when conducting the inspection.
- Asset No: Select either All Assets to display defects for all assets, or a specific asset to display only its open defects.
- Location Filter: Select a specific location by which to filter or leave it on All Locations option to generate the report.
- Asset Type: Select a specific asset type by which to filter or leave it on All Types to generate the report.
- Defect Status: Select the severity of the status for the asset for which you are searching.
- Attribute Filters: Select a custom-defined, characteristic that is assigned to one or more assets, creating customizable groups to filter the report. See the Admin Attributes topic.
- Select Attributes: If a preset Attribute filter is not set and chosen in the Attribute Filters list, you can select specific attributes by which to filter your search results. Reset this filter each time you run the report.
The results table lists the following information about your assets:
- Info button: Click to display the available asset information.
- Asset No: Click to display all EVIRs reported for that asset.
- Type: Displays the type associated with the asset. Possible types are Standard, Trailer, and Dolly.
- Manufacture: Displays the manufacturer associated with the asset.
- Last Inspection: Displays the date and time of the previously performed inspection. Click to open that EVIR.
- Current Zone: Displays the zone in which the previously performed inspection was conducted. Click to open a pop-up and display the location on a map.
- Location: The location where the asset is assigned.
Status: Displays the status of the asset:
- Indicates that there was one or more unrepaired critical defect reported for the asset. This status supersedes any others.
- Indicates that there is one or more unrepaired non-critical defect reported for the asset and no critical defects found.
- Defects: Displays the current number of open defects for the asset. Click to display the Open Defects page for that specific asset.
- Asset: Click the asset checkbox then click Print to print defect details for that selected asset.
Exporting the report results to Excel:
- Click the at the top right of the report, then select which type of export you need:
- CSV (Visible): The resulting file will have only the information currently shown on the page.
- CSV (Extended): The resulting file will have all available information that the report can provide.
Printing individual asset reports:
- Select the desired asset in your results, then select either the Shop Copy or Standard print option to print the asset defects:
- Shop Copy: Provides an abbreviated list of found defects with space for writing down notes and work done.
- Standard: Provides a full report showing all zones of the asset and whether any defects were found in each.
In order to view defects and options for managing them, click on the number of defects for a specific asset. You can also click on Show Defect Details to get a list of defects for all assets currently visible.
This will take you to the Open Defect Details page, which lists details for all defects as well as options for managing them.
- Repair: If the defects have been repaired or do not require repair, selecting this checkbox will allow you to mark the defect and remove it from the list. You may select multiple defects to repair at a time.
- Print: If shop copies need to be printed, check the Print box for each defect to be printed, then click Print Selected below.
- Pending: If work has begun on the listed defect but cannot be completed at this time (e.g., parts on order), click the Pending box, then Mark Selected as Pending below.
- Repairs Required: If work has been done to correct the selected defects, click this button.
- Repair Unnecessary: If work is not needed to correct the selected defects, click this button.
Details about the work can be entered here.
Technician: Shop leads can select which mechanic performed the repair, while mechanics will only have themselves as options.
Repair Time: Mark the billable time here.
- Repair Notes: Choose from a pre-set list of notes on what repair was done.
- Ref No.: If a work order or other paperwork is attached to this repair, the reference number can be added here.
- Additional Notes: Anything that needs to be notated about this repair that is not covered by the other options may be added here.
- Certify: Once all information has been filled out, click the blue button to certify the repair as complete.
If no work needs to be done, the defect can be signed off here.
- Technician: Shop leads can select which mechanic performed the review, while mechanics will only have themselves as options.
- Ref No.: If a work order or other paperwork is attached to this review, the reference number can be added here.
- Additional Notes: Anything that needs to be notated about this review that is not covered by the other options may be added here.
- Certify: Once all information has been filled out, click the blue button to certify the review.