Zonar utilizes Microsoft’s Bing maps for displaying locations and paths as they pertain to assets. There are a number of features available when working with the Map in these reports.
Important: The following web browsers have been tested and are supported when viewing maps: Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
- Click and drag the map to reposition the view.
- Click to zoom in and out.
- Expand the Available Layers list and select the following options to overlay the map:
GPS Zones: Shows or hides user-defined zones.
User Maps: Display customized mapping imagery. The User Maps feature requires customization. Contact Customer Care if you have specific questions regarding this feature.
Traffic: Displays the current traffic conditions as an overlay to the roads.
Weather: Displays current NEXRAD weather data. NEXRAD detects precipitation and atmospheric movement or wind. The data shows patterns of precipitation and movement.
Note: The Traffic and Weather feature are for current conditions. When running a report that is displaying historical information, the Traffic and Weather displayed will still be current and not historical.
- Expand the Map View and do the following to change the map view type:
a. Click Road to select this view for a graphical based layout, which includes boundaries, roads, labels, etc.
b. Click Aerial to select this view and render a satellite image for the area being viewed.
c. Click Bird’s eye to select this view and display an aerial image captured from low-flying aircraft. Unlike the top-down aerial view captured by satellite, Bird’s-eye images are taken at an oblique, 45-degree angle. They show the sides of building, not just the rooftops and give better depth perception for the geography. Some features, such as GPS Zones will not be displayed in this map type. Bird’s eye view is not available in all map reports.
d. Slide the Labels toggle to turn on/off the labeling overlays when the view is set to Aerial or Bird’s eye. Turning the labels off will remove the overlay of street graphics, including the names.
- To bookmark the current location and zoom to help navigate quickly to the location again in the future, click the Bookmark tools. You can bookmark only one location at a time.
- Click Home to set the current location and zoom level as the default for loading a map. When navigating to reports like Location and Path, the map will display the Home location and zoom into it.
- Click the Selection tool, and then click an area on the map. The selection tool will fill the map window with the area that you selected.
- Right-click anywhere on the map to view a list of options such as getting the specific address of that location, the ability to view the location in Google Maps® or hide and show assets within a specific distance of the location that was right-clicked. The contextual menu will change based on which type of map view you choose (step 4).