ContiPressureCheck™ (CPC) Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) continuously measures the pressure and temperature of all tires on your vehicle - even when you are driving. This helps to save fuel and increase mileage. It also significantly reduces the risk of tire failure while maintaining the value of the tire casing and thus the retreadability.
CPC has the following installation requirements.
- Zonar Telematics Control Unit (TCU) connected to a heavy duty vehicle with SAE J1939 data bus.
CPC does not work with J1708, OBDII/Light Duty, or other non-J1939 connected installs.
- Zonar TCU firmware 3.8.94 or greater is required for Tire Pressure Alert functionality. Contact Zonar if your TCU does not meet this requirement.
- Zonar TPMS Adaptor Cable (Part# 81634)
This cable is not part of a normal Continental CPC install. It is only used when Zonar is installed and TPMS ZAlerts and air pressure alert messages are desired.
- ZAlert configured in Ground Traffic Control® (GTC) for the following:
- Tire Pressure Low - Moderately severe
- Tire Pressure Very Low - Most severe
The Zonar alerting feature is currently unavailable for trailer tires connected to the CPC system via Automatic Trailer Learning (ATL). Tractor tires and fully married trailer tires will correctly provide alerts.
Follow these steps to integrate the Zonar TCU into the ContiPressureCheck system.
- Zonar TCU (V4 family)
- ContiPressureCheck CCU
- Direct Connect Adapter Cable (part #81687)
- Sub Harness C (part #81689)
- ContiPressureCheck Display
- Sub Harness B (part #81688)
- If there are any cables plugged into the 6-pin or 8-pin ports of the Zonar TCU, disconnect them.
- Connect the Direct Connect Adapter Cable's compatible 6-pin and 8-pin plugs into the open ports of the Zonar TCU.
- If any Zonar cables were disconnected in step 1, reconnect them to the compatible plugs on the Direct Connect Adapter Cable.
- Connect the Sub Harness C to the ContiPressureCheck CCU, then connect to one of the compatible 4-pin plugs on the Direct Connect Adapter Cable.
- If using the ContiPressureCheck Display, connect the Sub Harness B to the display, then connect to one of the compatible 4-pin plugs on the Direct Connect Adapter Cable.