It is important to follow these steps before ANY movement of the vehicle occurs to avoid unidentified driving events and to ensure that all driving is properly accounted for.
Logging into the tablet ensures that the logs are recorded and stored with the proper driver's profile.
|1||Make sure that the tablet is securely docked—you can always undock and then re-dock it and tug slightly on it to ensure it is positively docked.|
|2||Key on the vehicle without starting the engine.|
|3||Turn on the power for the tablet (button is at top left of the device).|
|4||On the Driver Login screen, enter your driver ID or scan your driver card on the left side of the tablet and tap Next.|
|5||Enter your PIN and tap Login. This number is provided by the motor carrier before first use of the device. Note: Driver Login ID and PIN is unique for the driver and should not be shared with anyone.|
|6||Start the vehicle engine.|
|7||Wait for log sync to occur.|
|8||On the tablet home screen, tap the application tile to launch the Zlogs ELD application.|
IMPORTANT Driver Notes
The following information is provided as best practices for the driver.
- It is important to update the duty status throughout the day to accurately reflect your activities and avoid unnecessary edits. When updating your duty status, an annotation can be added at any time.
- While driving: DO NOT undock the tablet, turn off the tablet, or put the tablet to sleep because this will lead to unidentified driving events.
- When leaving a vehicle: Turning off the tablet or logging out of the tablet is NOT the same as putting yourself in OFF DUTY status. All drivers must put themselves in OFF DUTY status at the end of their shifts, BEFORE turning off the device or logging out.
- If the brightness of the screen bothers you: Adjust the brightness level on the tablet. From the All Apps menu, select Settings > Display > Brightness. Use the slider to set the desired brightness level or leave it on Automatic.
- If you want the screen turned off while in motion: From the All Apps menu, select Settings > Zonar Settings. Tap the Turn Off Display When in Motion checkbox.