Release Notes (July 2019): Zonar Coach Web and App Updates
- Graphs for Incident trends and Average Score over time are now available on both the Driver and Fleet pages.
- Fleet Score vs. Time
- Fleet-wide Number of Incidents vs. Time
- Feedback Volume control has been added. Each asset may be assigned one of three volume settings.
||Alert volume is controlled by the driver using the tablet volume control buttons.
||All audible Coach notifications are turned off. Any other notification sounds on the tablet are controlled by the driver.
||All audible Coach notifications are turned on and set at maximum device volume. Driver cannot adjust the volume of Coach notifications when this setting is selected.
- The Manage Duty Types setting is now called Asset Configuration. Dispatchers can set the duty type and the feedback volume for each asset.
- Tooltips for setting thresholds have been added to the Settings page.
- The settings page has been modified to consistently present the adjustability of incident sensitivities:
- Each incident type can be adjusted with options of low-sensitivity, medium-sensitivity, and high-sensitivity.
- This was previously a mix of “thresholds” and values which was confusing. The newly-added tooltips provide the authority on the definition for each setting.
- The options for Speeding sensitivities have changed: now offers options of 0mph/5mph/10mph over the speed limit (previously 5mph/10mph/15mph over).
- Each incident now offers the option to be turned Off.
App Release (v125)
- Video Resolution, Quality, and Duration is increased for TA2! Now 360p and 15-second videos! 9 seconds before the incident, 6 seconds after the incident (video duration is 10 seconds for Lane Drifting and Stop Signs; 5 seconds before and after).
- Automatic Flip-Frame: The application checks and automatically flips the video frame if it detects that the camera is mounted upside down.
- Audible alerts sound when a trip starts and as the camera is connecting to the app to verify that the system is functioning.
- "Trip has Started" > "Please wait while the app is connecting to dash camera" > "Camera is in AP Mode" > "Switching to STA Mode" > "Camera Connected using WiFi Direct"
- The video player now displays on the full screen.
- Small UI changes:
- The hamburger menu is now located in the upper right portion of the screen.
- New color and font for the title bar at the top of the app.
- New camera icon.
- Streamlined title, app version number, and package configuration text in the hamburger menu.
- Performance optimizations:
- Data from previous trips can now be uploaded during a trip.
- Better Speed-sign detection.
- 25 mph speed limit signs no longer trigger speeding incidents (to avoid school zone false positives).
- New Lane-Drift algorithm with reduced sensitivity (fewer false positives).
- Fewer tailgating false positives when the vehicle is slowing to a stop.
- Optimizations in ML algorithm for less CPU usage.