Summary of ZONAR’s EVIR Mobile Service
The EVIR Mobile mobile application is used to create and display the contents of Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) inspections using a mobile device. The EVIR Mobile mobile application may be used to take equipment defect pictures as part of the inspection report. Inspection reports are sent to the EVIR Mobile web application, where defects on the inspected equipment, if reported, are marked as repaired. Any defects marked as repaired will be updated in the inspection reports stored on the EVIR Mobile mobile application.
In general, ZONAR does not provide products and services directly to individual consumers or households. ZONAR primarily provides products and services to school districts, transit authorities, and fleet operators in a business-to-business (B2B) context. The EVIR Mobile mobile application does require the collection and use certain information that may identify a vehicle, an operator, driver or owner, and the individual performing the inspection. These data elements are essential to enabling Zonar to perform the services it is contractually obligated to provide to its customer. ZONAR does not sell that data, and shares that data with third parties only to the extent necessary to provide such services.
Personal Information We Collect
In providing the Service, ZONAR may collect, process, transfer, or otherwise have access to various information and data, including your Personal Information. Personal Information refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or household.
The types of Personal Information that ZONAR has collected about you during your registration and use of the Service during the preceding 12 months are:
- Identifiers. We may collect personal information that can be used to identify you individually or your household, such as your name, username, phone number, alias, postal address, country of residence, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, phone number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- “Personal Information” Defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.80. Including name, telephone number, address, and driver’s license number.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your application use and information regarding your interactions with ZONAR.
- Geolocation information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the Application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information. We may request access to certain features on your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera.
- Professional, employment, or education information. We may request information such as your job title, business address, employment history, or other professional information.
- Customer support data. Information collected when an employee of a Zonar customer contacts Zonar for help with their account (name, telephone number and contact information, summary of issue discussed, and audio recording of voice call interactions for internal Zonar use).
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information about you and how you interact with ZONAR in several ways, including:
- Information You Provide to Us Directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly.
- Information from Your Mobile Device. Use of the Mobile App requires access or permission to certain features of your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera. If you wish to restrict our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings. Restricting our access may negatively impact your use of the Mobile App.
- Information Automatically Collected or Inferred from Your Interaction with Us. We automatically collect technical information about your interactions with us (such as IP address and browsing preferences), as well as from your interactions with ZONAR representatives and agents.
- Information from Third Parties. We receive information about you and your interactions with us from third parties, including your employer, principal, coworkers and others interacting with us and/or using Zonar services.
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Policy, including third party sources and public sources (e.g., information you submit in a public forum), with Personal Information and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
How ZONAR Uses Your Personal Information
- To Provide the Service and Enable Interactions Between You and ZONAR. We will use your Personal Information to deliver the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, registration and administration of your account, providing you with and support in your interactions with us; diagnosing, repairing and tracking service and quality issues; facilitating an order, download, return, or exchange; providing requested information; communicating with you about your account or our data practices; installing and configuring changes and updates to the Service, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; authenticate those who interact with us; or to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- To Provide Customer Support. Zonar has a relatively large customer support staff relative to our customer base. We strive to provide quality products and services including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding Zonar products and services, and provide you support or respond to you.
- For Our Internal Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our internal business purposes related to providing the Service, as well as other products and technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating or auditing the usage and performance of Service, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; evaluating and improving the quality of your interactions with us and the Service, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; designing new services; processing and cataloging your responses to surveys or questionnaires (e.g., customer satisfaction reviews); performing internal research for technological development and demonstration; conducting data analysis and testing; maintaining proper business records and other relevant records.
- For Legal, Safety or Security Reasons. This includes complying with legal requirements; protecting the safety, property or rights of ZONAR, you, and those who interact with us, or others; and detecting, preventing, and responding to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For any Other Purpose For Which You Provide Consent.
- In a De-identified, Anonymized or Aggregated Format. When converted to a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format, this data no longer constitutes Personal Information and we may use this information for any purpose.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
We do not currently sell your Personal Information, nor do we have any future plan to do so. However, to provide the Service, we may share your Personal Information with these recipients:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your Personal Information within the ZONAR group of companies, which includes parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party Service Providers working on behalf of us in order to provide the Service or otherwise facilitate an interaction with ZONAR you request or support our relationship with you, such as hosting service providers, IT providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers (e.g., we may share your email address with our outbound email marketing provider). We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including shipping, identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than ZONAR.
- Business Partners. We may also provide your Personal Information or provide access to your Personal Information to our business partners, including for third party marketing or as a sale. If legally required, we will seek your consent before engaging in such sharing.
- In Connection with a Transaction. If we sell some or all of our assets, or merge or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy, we will share your Personal Information with that entity.
- Your Employer or Coworkers. If you interact with ZONAR in connection with your employment, your employer, coworkers, or other individuals designated by your employer may view certain Personal Information that we collect in connection with your use of or interaction with ZONAR.
- Based on Customer Direction. Zonar customers often want their data to be shared with third parties that also provide products and services to them. Zonar will share customer data with third parties when authorized to do so by that customer. Data sharing is often enabled by application programming interfaces (API).
We take your privacy seriously and use reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. For example, we encrypt certain communications using industry standards for encrypting such communications. However, we do not guarantee the security of your information. There is always a risk that information we collect or that you provide may be compromised. To mitigate this risk, you should (a) use secure usernames and passwords and carefully protect them from disclosure and (b) implement up-to-date security and virus protection on your device. If you suspect that your device’s security or your information has been compromised, or your password accessed or used by an unauthorized third party, please contact us immediately to have your password changed.
Third Party Websites
When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Mobile App and go to another site and another entity may collect personal information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of data after you click on links to such outside websites. If you decide to access any third party links appearing in the Mobile App, you do so at your own risk.
Changes to Personal Information
You may change any of the personal information you provide to us when you subscribe to the Service by editing your EVIR Mobile profile. You may request deletion of your personal information, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 16. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
For California Consumers
The following provisions apply to residents of the State of California:
- CCPA. You may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). However, in providing the Service, much of the information collected by ZONAR is done so while ZONAR is acting as a “Service Provider” (as that term is defined in the CCPA) to its customer (generally an entity that operates a fleet of vehicles and, typically, your employer or principal). In this case, consistent with the CCPA, ZONAR may direct you its customer (i.e., the business that is in control of the information) in order to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Right to Know What Personal Information We Collect About You
You may have the right to know:
Please note that we are not required to:
Right to Know Personal Information We Sell to Third Parties
In connection with any Personal Information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the may right to know:
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
You may have the right under the CCPA and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
Please note that we may not delete your Personal Information if it is necessary to:
We are also not obligated to delete your personal information if an exception to the right applies, including:
Freedom From Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot, among other things:
Please note that we may charge a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of goods and/or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to our business by your Personal Information.
- How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights. If you would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact ZONAR using one of the following methods:
- Call us, toll-free, at (877) 553-1113; or
- Email us at email@example.com.
Please note that you may only make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period.
If you choose to contact ZONAR directly, please be prepared to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you e-mail address, username, name, and account number;
- Proof of your identity and address; and
- A description of what right(s) you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. If we cannot reasonably verify the identity of a person making a request, we will honor such request to the extent possible.
Any Personal Information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with you request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
IN PROVIDING THE SERVICE, WE ARE ACTING AS A SERVICE PROVIDER TO OUR CUSTOMER. AS A SERVICE PROVIDER, WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DIRECTLY FULFILL YOUR RIGHTS REQUEST. WE MAY ALSO REFUSE TO YOUR REQUEST WHERE A LEGITIMATE EXCEPTION APPLIES.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMERS WHEN THEIR USERS SEEK TO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS AVAILABLE UNDER THE CCPA.
Acceptance of Policy
By downloading, accessing, and/or using the Service, or otherwise providing your personal information to ZONAR, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please discontinue your use of the Service.
ZONAR may modify this Policy from time to time as the Service and applicable laws change. If we change our Policy, we will post a new statement on this website and update the effective date stated at the end of the Policy. You are encouraged to review this Policy from time-to-time for any updates or changes. If we make any material changes, we will inform you through the ZONAR Ground Traffic Control® Platform or by some other method of communication (like e-mail).
If you have any questions about our Policy or our use of your information, you can e-mail us at CustomerCare@Zonarsystems.com, or by regular mail to Zonar Systems, Inc., 18200 Cascade Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98188, Attn: Customer Care. Requests for changes to your personal information and/or cancellation of your registration can be made to CustomerCare@Zonarsystems.com.
This Policy was last updated on June 21, 2021.