Zonar is committed to ensuring your privacy and protecting the privacy of all Personal Information related to the Services. Zonar does not sell data (including Personal Information) associated with the Mobile App, and shares Data with third parties only to the extent necessary to provide the Services, as further described herein.
By registering for, accessing, or otherwise using MyView, or by submitting Personal Information the Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy and you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Zonar operates as a service provider for the individual school, school district, school bus operator, transit authority, and/or fleet operator that provides your student transportation (“Customer”) in a business-to-business (B2B) context. In support of these student transportation services, Zonar contracts with the Customer to directly provide you with MyView. In the context of providing MyView, Zonar may collect, process, store, and otherwise use Personal Information about Students under the age of 13 as described in this Policy. This Personal Information is essential to enabling Zonar to provide the Mobile App, as well as associated services Zonar is contractually obligated to provide to the Customer.
Special Note About Children
To the extent we collect, process, store, and use Personal Information associated with children who are under the age of 13 to provide the Service, we are doing so as a service provider and contractor (or subcontractor) for the School. In order to implement reasonable procedures to ensure that Zonar is dealing with the Student, the Student’s parent, the Student’s guardian, or other such authorized individual with respect to providing access to MyView data, Zonar may require you to provide certain details (including, but not limited to, name, e-mail address, Student name, and Student identification) to verify you and authenticate your access.
All Data, including Student Personal Information, is collected by, accessed in, processed by, or otherwise used by Zonar to provide the Service at the direction of the School.
Summary of Zonar’s MyView™ Service
MyView allows you to view certain School Bus information and information related to your Students’ use of School Buses. Zonar may combine that information with other information provided by the School regarding your Student and information it collects about the School Bus.
By agreeing registering for and using the Service, you will be asked to authorize Zonar to send push notifications regarding School Bus status and other messages initiated by the School. You hereby consent to the delivery of push notifications directly to your Device. You understand and agree that standard text message and data rates may apply and that you, and not Zonar, are responsible for such charges. You may opt out of receiving such push notifications by changing notification settings on your Device; however, disabling push notifications will impact your use of MyView.
Personal Information We Collect
In providing the Service, Zonar may collect, process, transfer, or otherwise have access to various information and data, including your Personal Information and your Student’s Personal Information. Personal Information refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or household.
The types of Personal Information that Zonar has collected about you during your registration and use of the Service during the preceding 12 months are:
We may collect Personal Information that can be used to identify you individually or your household, such as your name, username, phone number, alias, postal address, country of residence, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, phone number, or other similar identifiers.
- Student Information. We may request or collect Student name, Student identification, RFID, and/or other information that may identify the Student.
- “Personal Information” Defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.80. Including name, telephone address, and driver’s license number.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. We may collect certain data regarding your application use and information regarding your interactions with Zonar.
- Geolocation information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your Device, either continuously or while you are using the Application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your Device’s settings.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information. We may request access to certain features on your Device.
- Professional, employment, or education information. We may request information such as your job title, business address, employment history, or other professional information.
- Customer support data. Information collected when an employee of a Zonar customer contacts Zonar for help with their account (name, telephone number and contact information, summary of issue discussed, and audio recording of voice call interactions for internal Zonar use).
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information about you and how you interact with Zonar in several ways, including:
- Information You Provide to Us Directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly.
- Information from Your Mobile Device. Use of the Mobile App requires access or permission to certain features of your Device. If you wish to restrict our access or permissions, you may do so in your Device’s settings. Restricting our access may negatively impact your use of the Mobile App.
- Information Automatically Collected or Inferred from Your Interaction with Us. We automatically collect technical information about your interactions with us (such as IP address and browsing preferences), as well as from your interactions with Zonar representatives and agents.
- Information from the School. We receive information about the Student and other information from the School, including school name, Student name, Student identification, bus information, and details about bus routes.
- Information from Third Parties. We receive information about you and your interactions with us from third parties, including others interacting with us and/or using Zonar services associated with the Mobile App.
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Policy, including third party sources and public sources (e.g., information you submit in a public forum), with Personal Information and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
How Zonar Uses Your Personal Information
- To Provide the Service and Enable Interactions Between You and Zonar. We will use your Personal Information to deliver the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, registration and administration of your account, providing you with and support in your interactions with us; diagnosing, repairing and tracking service and quality issues; providing requested information; communicating with you about your account or our data practices; installing and configuring changes and updates to the Service, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; authenticate those who interact with us; or to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- To Provide Customer Support. Zonar has a relatively large customer support staff relative to our customer base. We strive to provide quality products and services including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding Zonar products and services, and provide you support or respond to you.
- For Our Internal Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our internal business purposes related to providing the Service, as well as other products and technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating or auditing the usage and performance of Service, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; evaluating and improving the quality of your interactions with us and the Service, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; designing new services; processing and cataloging your responses to surveys or questionnaires (e.g., customer satisfaction reviews); performing internal research for technological development and demonstration; conducting data analysis and testing; maintaining proper business records and other relevant records.
- For Legal, Safety or Security Reasons. This includes complying with legal requirements; protecting the safety, property or rights of Zonar, you, and those who interact with us, or others; and detecting, preventing, and responding to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For any Other Purpose For Which You Provide Consent.
- In a De-identified, Anonymized or Aggregated Format. When converted to a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format, this data no longer constitutes Personal Information, and we may use this information for any purpose.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
We do not currently sell your Personal Information, nor do we have any future plan to do so. However, to provide the Service, we may share your Personal Information with these recipients:
- The School. We will share information, including Personal Information, with the School in order to (a) provide you with the Services and (b) provide the School with the services requested pursuant to the School’s contract with Zonar.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your Personal Information within the Zonar group of companies, which includes parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers, including ByteCurve, working on behalf of us in order to provide the Service or otherwise facilitate an interaction with Zonar you request or support our relationship with you, such as hosting service providers, IT providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers (e.g., we may share your email address with our outbound email marketing provider). We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including shipping, identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Zonar.
- Business Partners. We may also provide your Personal Information or provide access to your Personal Information to our business partners, including for third party marketing or as a sale. If legally required, we will seek your consent before engaging in such sharing.
- In Connection with a Transaction. If we sell some or all of our assets, or merge or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy, we will share your Personal Information with that entity.
- Based on Customer Direction. Zonar customers often want their data to be shared with third parties that provide complementary products and services to the School. This data sharing is often enabled by application programming interfaces (API). Zonar will enable data sharing with these third parties via API only when authorized to do so by the School.
We take your privacy seriously and use reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. For example, we encrypt certain communications using industry standards for encrypting such communications. However, we do not guarantee the security of your information. There is always a risk that information we collect or that you provide may be compromised. To mitigate this risk, you should (a) use secure usernames and passwords and carefully protect them from disclosure and (b) implement up-to-date security and virus protection on your Device. If you suspect that your Device’s security or your information has been compromised, or your password accessed or used by an unauthorized third party, please contact us immediately to have your password changed.
Third Party Websites
When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Mobile App and go to another site and another entity may collect personal information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of data after you click on links to such outside websites. If you decide to access any third party links appearing in the Mobile App, you do so at your own risk.
Changes to Personal Information
You may change any of the personal information you provide to us when you subscribe to the Service by editing your EVIR 2.0 profile. You may request deletion of your personal information, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
For California Consumers
The following provisions apply to residents of the State of California:
- CCPA. You may have certain rights set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). However, in providing the Mobile App, Zonar’s collection, processing, storage, and use of Personal Information is undertaken while Zonar is acting as a “Service Provider” (as that term is defined in the CCPA) to our Customer. In this case, consistent with the CCPA, Zonar may direct you its Customer (i.e., the school district, school bus operator, transit authority, or other entity that is responsible for providing the pupil transportation services) in order to exercise your rights under the CCPA. WE ARE COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMERS WHEN THEIR USERS SEEK TO EXERCISE RIGHTS THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE UNDER THE CCPA.
ZONAR DOES NOT SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION
Acceptance of Policy
By downloading, accessing, and/or using the Service, or otherwise providing your personal information to Zonar, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please discontinue your use of the Service.
Zonar may modify this Policy from time to time as the Service and applicable laws change. If we change our Policy, we will post a new statement on this website and update the effective date stated at the end of the Policy. You are encouraged to review this Policy from time-to-time for any updates or changes. If we make any material changes, we will inform you through the Mobile App or by some other method of communication (like e-mail).
If you have any questions about our Policy or our use of your information, you can e-mail us at CustomerCare@Zonarsystems.com, or by regular mail to Zonar Systems, Inc., 821 2nd Avenue, 11th Floor, Seattle, WA 98104, Attn: Customer Care. Requests for changes to your personal information and/or cancellation of your registration can be made to CustomerCare@Zonarsystems.com.
This Policy was last updated on June 21, 2021.