Zonar does not sell Personal Information, and shares data with third parties only to the extent necessary to provide our Services.
Bus Ridership Services Subject to this Policy
This Policy applies only to following Services:
- Zonar Z Pass™
- Zonar Verify™
By registering for, accessing, or otherwise using the Services, or by submitting Personal Information the Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy and you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Zonar operates as a service provider for the individual school, school district, school bus operator, transit authority, and/or fleet operator that provides student transportation (“Subscriber”) in a business-to-business (B2B) context. In support of these student transportation services, Zonar contracts with the Subscriber to provide the Services. In the context of providing the Services, Zonar may collect, process, store, and otherwise use Personal Information about students under the age of 13 as described in this Policy. This Personal Information is essential to enabling Zonar to provide the Services, as well as other associated services that Zonar is contractually obligated to provide to the Subscriber.
Special Note About Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 16. However, in providing the Services, Zonar may have process or have access to Personal Information associated with students under the age of 13, including student name, student identification number, and student image/likeness. To the extent we collect, process, store, and use Personal Information associated with students who are under the age of 13 to provide the Service, we are doing so as a service provider and contractor (or subcontractor) for the Subscriber. All Data, including Student Personal Information, is collected by, accessed in, processed by, or otherwise used by Zonar to provide the Service at the direction of the School.
Personal Information We Collect
In providing the Services, we may collect, process, transfer, or otherwise have access to various information and data, including your Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or household.
The types of Personal Information that Zonar may have collected about you during your registration for and use of the Services during the preceding 12 months are:
- Identifiers. We may collect Personal Information that can be used to identify you individually or your household, such as your name, username, phone number, alias, postal address, country of residence, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, phone number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- “Personal Information” Defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.80. Including name, telephone number, address, and driver’s license number.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your use of the Services and information regarding your interactions with us.
- Geolocation information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the Application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information. We may request access to certain features on the Zonar Hardware and/or your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera. We may also collect video information if you have a Zonar Camera installed in your vehicle and subscribe to Zonar Coach services (note, however, that the Zonar Camera is intended to be positioned to face out of the vehicle to capture video and events occurring outside of the vehicle and that is likely not your Personal Information).
- Professional, employment, or education information. We may request information such as your job title, business address, employment history, or other professional information.
- Customer support data. Information collected when Subscribers and their associated users contact Zonar for help with their account or assistance with the Services (including, but not limited to, name, telephone number and contact information, summary of issue discussed, and audio recording of voice call interactions for internal Zonar use).
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information about you and how you interact with Zonar in several ways, including:
- Information You Provide to Us Directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly.
- Information from the Zonar Hardware. Zonar Hardware automatically collects information that allows for Zonar to provide and maintain the Services. This information may include:
- Geolocation Data captured from the Zonar Hardware
- Vehicle information (including VIN)
- Information Automatically Collected or Inferred from Your Interaction with Us. We automatically collect technical information about your interactions with us (such as IP address and browsing preferences), as well as from your interactions with ZONAR representatives and agents.
- Information from Third Parties. We receive information about you and your interactions with us from third parties, including the Subscriber, your coworkers and others interacting with us and/or using Zonar services (as applicable), and third party providers of supporting services (including the Subscriber’s routing system and student information management solution).
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Policy, including third party sources and public sources (e.g., information you submit in a public forum), with Personal Information and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
How Zonar Uses Your Personal Information
- To Provide the Services and Enable Interactions Between You and Zonar. We will use your Personal Information to deliver the Services. This includes, but is not limited to, registration and administration of your account, providing you with and support in your interactions with us; diagnosing, repairing and tracking service and quality issues; facilitating an order, download, return, or exchange; providing requested information; communicating with you about your account or our data practices; installing and configuring changes and updates to the Services, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; authenticate those who interact with us; or to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- To Provide Customer Support. Zonar has a relatively large customer support staff relative to our customer base. We strive to provide quality products and services including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding Zonar products and services, and provide you support or respond to you.
- For Our Internal Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our internal business purposes related to providing the Services, as well as other products and technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating or auditing the usage and performance of Services, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; evaluating and improving the quality of your interactions with us and the Services, programs and technologies related to interactions with us; designing new services; processing and cataloging your responses to surveys or questionnaires (e.g., customer satisfaction reviews); performing internal research for technological development and demonstration; conducting data analysis and testing; maintaining proper business records and other relevant records.
- For Legal, Safety or Security Reasons. This includes complying with legal requirements; protecting the safety, property or rights of Zonar, you, and those who interact with us, or others; and detecting, preventing, and responding to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For any Other Purpose For Which You Provide Consent.
- To Provide Subscriber with the Services Requested Under its Contract with Zonar.
- In a De-identified, Anonymized or Aggregated Format. When converted to a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format, this data no longer constitutes Personal Information and we may use this information for any purpose.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
We do not currently sell your Personal Information, nor do we have any future plan to do so. However, to provide the Service, we may share your Personal Information with these recipients:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your Personal Information within the Zonar group of companies, which includes parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party Service Providers working on behalf of us in order to provide the Services or otherwise facilitate an interaction with Zonar you request or support our relationship with you, such as hosting service providers, IT providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers (e.g., we may share your email address with our outbound email marketing provider). We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including shipping, identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Zonar.
- Business Partners. We may also provide your Personal Information or provide access to your Personal Information to our business partners, including for third party marketing or as a sale. If legally required, we will seek your consent before engaging in such sharing.
- In Connection with a Transaction. If we sell some or all of our assets, or merge or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy, we will share your Personal Information with that entity.
- The Subscriber. In order to provide the services that we are contractually obligated to provide the Subscriber, we may share your Personal Information with the Subscriber.
- Your Employer or Coworkers. If you interact with Zonar in connection with your employment, your employer, coworkers, or other individuals designated by your employer may view certain Personal Information that we collect in connection with your use of or interaction with Zonar.
- Based on Customer Direction. Zonar subscribers often want their data to be shared with third parties that also provide products and services to them. Zonar will share subscriber data with third parties when authorized by the Subscriber. Data sharing may be enabled by application programming interfaces (API) or such other alternative automated data exchange protocol.
We take your privacy seriously and use reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. For example, we encrypt certain communications using industry standards for encrypting such communications. However, we do not guarantee the security of your information. There is always a risk that information we collect or that you provide may be compromised. To mitigate this risk, you should (a) use secure usernames and passwords and carefully protect them from disclosure and (b) implement up-to-date security and virus protection on your device. If you suspect that your device’s security or your information has been compromised, or your password accessed or used by an unauthorized third party, please contact us immediately to have your password changed.
Third Party Websites
When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Services and go to another site and another entity may collect personal information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of data after you click on links to such outside websites. If you decide to access any third party links appearing in the Services, you do so at your own risk.
Changes to Personal Information
You may change certain Personal Information related to your use of the Services by modifying your user profile within the associated Service or through Zonar’s Ground Traffic Control® portal. Other Personal Information may be changed only by contacting the Subscriber or Zonar. You may request deletion of your personal information, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
For California Consumers
You may have certain rights set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). However, in providing the Services, Zonar’s collection, processing, storage, and use of Personal Information is undertaken while we are acting as a “Service Provider” (as that term is defined in the CCPA) to Our Customer. In this case, consistent with the CCPA, we may direct you to the Subscriber in order to exercise your rights under the CCPA. WE ARE COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMERS WHEN THEIR ASSOCIATED USERS SEEK TO EXERCISE RIGHTS THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE UNDER THE CCPA.
ZONAR DOES NOT SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION
Acceptance of Policy
By downloading, accessing, and/or using the Service, or otherwise providing your personal information to Zonar, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please discontinue your use of the Services.
Zonar may modify this Policy from time to time as the Services and applicable laws change. If we change our Policy, we will post a new statement on this website and update the effective date stated at the end of the Policy. You are encouraged to review this Policy from time-to-time for any updates or changes. If we make any material changes, we will inform you through Zonar’s Ground Traffic Control® Platform or by some other method of communication (like e-mail).
Changes to the Policy become effective immediately upon notice to you. Notice may be given by posting the revised Policy on this website or by other means. Your use of the Services after notice constitutes your acceptance of the revised terms.
If you have any questions about our Policy or our use of your information, you can e-mail us at CustomerCare@Zonarsystems.com, or by regular mail to Zonar Systems, Inc., 18200 Cascade Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98188, Attn: Customer Care.
This Policy was last updated on June 21, 2021.