Alert Management lets you schedule pro-active alerts whenever a fault is detected in your fleet vehicles. Notify the right people in your company immediately to resolve issues before they become problems.
Accessing Alert Management
There are two ways to access Alert Management:
- Click this link to go directly to Alert Management.
- On the Activity Feed screen, click Manage Alerts in the upper right. This will not be visible if you do not have admin permission.
You need the
alertingadmin permission set on your user profile in Ground Traffic Control to access the page. Contact your company administrator if you do not have access to Alert Management but believe you should.
The main screen of Alert Management shows existing alert rules.
Click New Alert in the upper right to create an alert.
Click New Alert in the upper right of the main screen to add an alert.
- Name the alert: Type in a desired descriptive name for this alert. For example, "Battery Alert for Shop".
Select alert type: Click to choose an available alert type. For more information on each type, see the Alert Types page.
- Diagnostic Code
- State of Charge (Electric Vehicle)
- Equipment Battery Level
- Select asset(s): Click to select one or more assets from the associated Ground Traffic Control account. The alert will only trigger when these selected assets generate the selected alert type.
- Select internal recipient(s) to receive email alerts: Click to select one or more users from the associated Ground Traffic Control account. The alert will be sent to their email address(es), as well as showing under My Alerts in the Activity Feed.
- Click Save to create the alert with the listed settings. If you want to back out without saving, click Cancel instead.
Once an alert has been created, you can edit its settings at any time by clicking the Edit button.
Make any changes to the settings as described in Add Alert, then click Save to save the changes.
If you need to turn an alert off, you can access the options to do so by clicking the Edit button.
You have two options:
- Click the Active toggle to set to Inactive. This keeps the alert in the Alert Management list, but it will not trigger or email the listed recipients. This is useful when you need to temporarily turn off an alert without having to redo the alert settings from scratch.
- Click Delete. This removes the alert from the Alert Management list entirely and does not save its settings. If you wish to re-enable the alert after deleting it, you will need to create a new alert with the same settings. A warning box will appear when you click Delete, asking you to confirm the action.
When an alert is triggered, it appears in two places:
- The listed recipients in the alert receive an email similar to this:
- The alerts show up in Activity Feed in the All Activity tab. Listed recipients also see the alert under My Alerts.