The EVIR Mobile app enables fleet drivers to inspect vehicles and other assets using any Android device. Both EVIR (tagged) inspections and DVIR (tagless) inspections can be performed using the app. Inspection information is sent to Zonar servers and can be accessed through the Zonar EVIR desktop app.
Log in to the Mobile App
- Tap the EVIR Mobile app icon on your Android device to launch the app.
- Login with your email address and password (as provided to Zonar or your admin).
When logging in for the first time, you will experience a delay as the app syncs with the asset database.
A confirmation screen appears. Tap the X to dismiss. The Home screen appears and displays the last inspection performed by you.
The Home screen indicates the current asset available for inspection and the corresponding last inspection for that asset.
READY indicates that the last inspection for the asset has no open major defects.
NOT READY indicates that the last inspection for the asset has open major defects.
You can review the last inspection for that asset by tapping LAST INSPECTION. If the last inspection was a DOT inspection (indicated by ), you must review and confirm that you reviewed the inspection before proceeding.
Tap the trash icon to dismiss the asset.
This will only dismiss the inspection from the Home screen. It will not delete the inspection.
Tap the Main menu button to access the Main Menu.
|HOME||Tap to return to the Home screen.|
|PAST INSPECTIONS||Displays the last inspections associated with the user. Inspections are grouped by inspection status categories: Sent, Pending, and Error. This is useful if the inspector cannot find the past inspection because they can determine if it uploaded to the server.|
|SETTINGS||Enables user to change settings.|
|HELP||Opens a browser to access the Zonar Support Site.|
|FEEDBACK||Opens a browser to enable the inspector to submit usability survey feedback.|
|ABOUT EVIR||Contains version information about the app, including version number, environment, the Auth0 library version, and the Git commit number. These numbers are useful when communicating with Customer Care.|
|LOGOUT||Tap to log out of the application.|
Start an Inspection
Add an Asset
If an asset is displayed on the Home screen and NEW INSPECTION is tapped, it is assumed that the next new inspection is for that same asset.
To add a new asset for inspection:
- Tap + ADD ASSET.
- Select the method to choose the asset:
- Tap SEARCH OR ADD to select from a list of assets on the account. A list of the top three most recent assets appears at the top of the list for re-use.
- Tap TAG SCAN to scan the NFC asset tag associated with that asset. The asset tag is usually a black NFC tag. Hold the back of your Android device to the tag until a green check mark appears.
When the asset is selected, the asset and last inspection information appears on the Home screen.
- Tap + ADD ASSET to enter additional assets.
You cannot add more than one primary asset (usually something with an engine). You may add any number of extended assets (such as a trailer) to the Inspection list on the Home screen.
Add a Rental Asset
- Tap + ADD ASSET.
- Tap the + in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter the required information to identify the asset.
- Tap the Mark as rental toggle.
- Tap ADD ASSET.
Select Inspection Type
Choose the type of inspection to be performed on the Select Inspection screen. Inspection types are pre-configured in the system. Additional inspections can be configured by Zonar.
Asset information is displayed at the top of the screen.
Inspections marked with a symbol are DOT-specific inspections. These may be required depending on your company policy. You must certify that you have reviewed the previous DOT inspection on that asset before beginning a new inspection.
Tap one of the inspection type cards to begin.
Enter Vehicle Information
On Pre- and Post-Trip inspections, current vehicle information is required.
- Enter the information as specified by company policy. The odometer reading is required before proceeding.
Make sure to select the correct unit measurement types (miles or kilometers for Odometer reading; gallons or liters for Fuel level).
- Tap NEXT to proceed.
Inspect the Vehicle
The Inspection screen displays the zones—in List View and Map View—around the vehicle to be inspected.
To begin the inspection:
- Tap the zone name (on the list) or the zone number (on the map image).
- FOR TAGGED INSPECTIONS: Tap TAG SCAN and hold the back of the Android device against the tag for that zone. If the tag has an issue or it is missing, tap TAP to ADD to report the reason for the issue before continuing.
- A list of the components to inspect in that zone appears.
- Carefully review the list of components. Assess the condition of those components on the vehicle. Take time to make sure each component is in good working order and does not pose a safety hazard.
- If one of the components has a defect, tap the item on the list. A list of possible defect conditions appears. Tap the condition that applies to the component.
- Select the severity of the defect.
MINOR: An issue that requires repair.
MAJOR: An issue that prevents the vehicle from being operated.
- OPTIONAL: To aid in documenting a defect, you can add 3 photos per component, and 21 photos total for an inspection.
- Tap ADD A PHOTO in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap a + sign to access the camera.
- Take a photo and tap OK to accept.
- Tap SAVE to continue.
Certify and Submit the Inspection
When all Zones have been inspected, tap CERTIFY AND SUBMIT.
Review all asset information and zone inspections.
Tap the certification check box, then tap CONTINUE to complete the inspection.