The Zonar Logs application lets a driver manage and record their logs just as they would on paper. It also displays important counters and timers to help the driver stay compliant. Tap the application tile on the home screen to launch the ELD application.
Multiple carrier operation is not supported.
- Application Menu: Tap the icon at top left of screen to access additional features. The menu can be expanded by dragging your finger across the screen from the left side.
- Current Date View: Displays the date of the log that you are viewing. Swipe left or right on the grid or tap the arrow to the left of the date to access logs from a previous day. Tap on the date to display the previous 14 days.
- Clock Calculations: Displays calculations or warnings based on the selected ruleset. When you are at risk (within 1 hour) of running out of time on a specific clock, the clock will turn yellow. When you go into violation, it will turn red.
- Totals: Displays the following totals at a glance:
- Distance in D: How far you've driven for the day in Drive status.
- PC Distance: How far you've driven for the day in Personal Conveyance.
- Hours Gained: How many hours on your cycle clock you will gain at midnight.
- Apply SB Split: Tap to indicate that you are using the Split Sleeper Berth rule, which lets ZLogs appropriately calculate your remaining hours.
- Grid View: Grid display for the day selected; the default is the current day.
- Add Log Event: Allows you to add a duty status change at a specified point. See Driver Log Additions and Edits.
- Driver Logs: Returns to the ELD application home screen with driver logs displayed.
- Roadside View™: This is the only place for a driver to display the hours of service (HOS) records that are needed for a roadside stop in the event of an inspection.
Accessing Roadside View will lock the tablet. The current driver must enter their PIN in order to return to normal tablet functionality.
- Update Duty Status: Update current duty status. See Changing Duty Status.
- Change Ruleset: Switch between one or more rulesets assigned by the motor carrier as needed to properly calculate hours of service.
- Update Shipping Info: Add or remove shipping document information, trailer number, or license plate information including jurisdiction. Add or update the power unit number.
- Apply Driving Exemption: Apply eligible exemptions.
- Accept Unidentified Driving: If ZLogs reports driving logs where the driver is unidentified, tap this button to accept the driving logs.
- View Unidentified Events: View unidentified driving trips without needing to accept them.
- Verify Edits: Review dispatcher suggested edits.
- Certify logs: Certify the current or previous day’s logs.
- Share Driver Logs: Email a copy of your driver logs to a specified email address.
Roadside View is used to present logs during a roadside inspection. It displays the driver, co-driver, power unit, loads and trailers, motor carrier information, and driver logs for the current day and the previous seven days.
Accessing Roadside View
From the Application menu , tap Roadside View. If you have suggested edits or logs to certify, you will receive a prompt: “You have logs to manage.” Tap Manage my logs or Continue to Roadside View.
- Return: Tap to exit Roadside View. You are required to enter your PIN to finish exiting.
- Export: Starts the export of an output file and prompts the driver for the desired transfer method. See Exporting Logs.
- View: If a second driver is logged into the tablet, the co-driver’s logs can be accessed by tapping the “View” icon. The co-driver will be required to enter their PIN to access their logs. This icon is also visible when unidentified drive time is associated to the asset.
- Date Selection: View the desired date by tapping on the day, or swipe left or right to switch the date being viewed.
- Header: Tap the arrow icon to view more driver and vehicle information. This is the only place to verify all personal, company, and vehicle information. If there is an issue, notify the motor carrier immediately. See Header.
- Grid & List View: Displays the current 24-hour period by default but will display the selected day’s logs in a grid and list view.
In Roadside View, tap the down arrow at the top of the grid view to display more information. The header presents the driver, co-driver, asset, load(s), motor carrier information, and the driver logs for the current and previous seven days.
- Diagnostic Information
- Unidentified Driving: Displays Yes if any unidentified driving events are present on the tablet, otherwise displays No.
- Data Diagnostic: Displays Yes if a diagnostic is active, otherwise displays No.
- ELD Malfunctions: Displays Yes if a malfunction occurred during the selected day, otherwise displays No.
- CMV Power Unit(s): The current information pertaining to the asset or power unit including its VIN. If other vehicles have been driven during the currently selected day, they will be displayed next to “CMV Power Unit.” The Location, Odometer, and Engine hours will be displayed on the current day only.
If the VIN is displayed with a hyphen in front, the VIN provided by the ECU is invalid and ELD is using the manual VIN entered in Ground Traffic Control instead.
- Driver Information
- Driver: Your name as entered in Ground Traffic Control.
- Driver ID: Your ID used to log into the tablet.
- 24-Hr Starting Time: The time of day used in calculating 24 hour rules.
- Timezone: The time zone your logs are kept in. This is defined in your driver profile in Ground Traffic Control.
- Home Terminal Address: Your home terminal as defined in Ground Traffic Control. This may differ from the carrier's headquarters.
- DLN: Your driver's license number. This must have been entered in Ground Traffic Control to display here.
- Exempt Driver Status: Displays Yes if the carrier has designated you as exempt from ELD regulation, otherwise displays No.
- Total Distance Driven: The total distance you've driven for the selected day.
- Team Driver(s): If any co-drivers are logged into the tablet, their names appear here.
- Trailer(s): All trailer IDs you have picked up for the selected day.
- Shipping ID(s): All shipping document IDs you have entered for the selected day.
- Dolly ID(s): All dolly IDs you have picked up for the selected day.
- Carrier Information
- Carrier: The name of the carrier you are currently driving for.
- Carrier Principal Place of Business: The location of the carrier's headquarters. This may differ from the driver's home terminal.
- DOT #: The carrier's Department of Transportation number.
Zonar ELD provides preset alerts to notify drivers when they are nearing or in violation of one or more hours of service rules.
"At risk" is considered to be any time within one hour of going into violation. The following occurs when a driver is at risk:
- The clock or clocks that are within one hour of running out turn yellow on the Zonar ELD main screen.
- A notice pops up on screen informing the driver they have a limited amount of time left. This pop up automatically disappears after 30 seconds.
"Violation" is considered to be any time the driver is in Drive and one or more hours of service rules are not met. The following occurs when a driver is in violation:
- The clock or clocks that have run out turn red on the Zonar ELD main screen.
- A notice pops up on screen informing the driver they are currently in violation. This pop up automatically disappears after 30 seconds.