A driver may be asked to send an electronic output file of their logs to an officer at roadside or inspection point.
This manual covers exporting from the tablet only. For exporting from Ground Traffic Control, see the Driver Logs help file.
You must launch the Roadside View to export a log file.
Logs requested in the United States are sent directly from the ELD to a pre-determined FMCSA inbox. Follow the instructions below using comments provided by the official to help them locate your logs.
- From the Roadside View screen, tap the Export button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- On the Export options dialog, select the method for exporting the file.
- In the Comments box, type any comments that may have been requested by the inspecting officer.
- Tap Export to start the transfer.
Sharing Driver Logs
A driver may use the tablet to email a copy of their driver logs to any given email address. Tap on Share Driver Logs from the Application Menu to open the Share options dialog window.
Share Logs should not be used for providing logs to an officer during a roadside inspection. Use the Export function within Roadside View instead.
- Email: Enter the email address to which you are sending the logs.
- Logs between: Tap the date on the left to select the starting point for the logs to be sent. Tap the date on the right to select the ending point for the logs to be sent.
- Only 15 days of logs may be sent at one time.
- Only the past six months of logs are available for sending.
- Comments: Add any comments you wish to appear in the email.
- Cancel: Tap to close the window without sending any logs.
- Send: Tap to send with the specified options.
The tablet will contact Zonar and request the log email.
A PDF version of the driver logs will be generated and emailed to the requested email address. A delivered email will appear as shown: