ELD User Manual
- Getting Started and Legal Information
- ELD Driver Logs
- My Setup
- Changing Duty Status
- Unidentified Logs
- Exporting and Sharing Logs
- Team Driving
- Diagnostics & Malfunctions
The Zonar Logs application lets a driver manage and record their logs just as they would on paper. It also displays important counters and timers to help the driver stay compliant. Tap the application tile on the home screen to launch the ELD application.
Multiple carrier operation is not supported.
- Application Menu: Tap the icon at top left of screen to access additional features. The menu can be expanded by dragging your finger across the screen from the left side.
- Current Date View: Displays the date of the log that you are viewing. Swipe left or right on the grid or tap the arrow to the left of the date to access logs from a previous day. Tap on the date to display the previous 14 days. Or change the date by putting your finger on the screen and dragging it across the days (swipe left or right).
- Clock Calculations: Displays calculations or warnings based on the selected or assigned ruleset. When you are at risk, the clock will turn yellow. When you go into violation, it will also change color.
- Totals: Displays the total distance driven for the day (time done with duty status of Drive) and the total distance in personal conveyance (PC).
- Grid View: Grid display for the day selected; the default is the current day.
- Add Log: Allows you to add a duty status change at a specified point. See Driver Log Additions and Edits.
- Driver Logs: Returns to the ELD application home screen with driver logs displayed.
- Roadside View™: This is the only place for a driver to display the hours of service (HOS) records that are needed for a roadside stop in the event of an inspection.
Accessing Roadside View will lock the tablet. The current driver must enter their PIN in order to return to normal tablet functionality.
- Update Duty Status: Update current duty status. See Duty Status.
- Ruleset: Switch between one or more rulesets assigned by the motor carrier as needed to properly calculate hours of service. When operating between the U.S. and Canada make sure the proper ruleset is selected in order to populate the correct information for Roadside View.
- My Setup: Add or remove shipping document information, trailer number, or license plate information including jurisdiction. Add or update the power unit number.
- Driving Exemptions: Apply eligible exemptions.
- Unidentified Driving Events: View unidentified Drive and On Duty events.
- Unidentified Driving Logs: View unidentified driving trips to review and accept.
- Verify Edits: Review dispatcher suggested edits.
- Certify logs: Certify the current or previous day’s logs.
- Share Driver Logs: Email a copy of your driver logs to a specified email address.
Roadside View is used to present logs during a roadside inspection. It displays the driver, co-driver, power unit, loads and trailers, motor carrier information, and driver logs for the current day and the previous seven days.
Accessing Roadside View
From the Application menu , tap Roadside View. If you have suggested edits or logs to certify, you will receive a prompt: “You have logs to manage.” Tap Manage my logs or Continue to Roadside View.
- Export: Starts the export of an output file and prompts the driver for the desired transfer See Exporting Logs.
- View: If a second driver is logged into the tablet, the co-driver’s logs can be accessed by tapping the “View” icon. The co-driver will be required to enter their PIN to access their logs. This icon is also visible when unidentified drive time is associated to the asset.
- Date Selection: View the desired date by tapping on the day, or swipe left or right to switch the date being viewed.
- Unidentified Driving (Yes or No): If the asset has driving time that is not associated with a driver, this indicator is “Yes.” Tap the View icon to see all unidentified drive times.
- Data Diagnostic and ELD Malfunctions (Yes or No): Indicates whether a diagnostic event or malfunction is currently in effect. See Diagnostic Events and Malfunctions.
- Header: Tap the arrow icon to view more driver and vehicle information. This is the only place to verify all personal, company, and vehicle information. If there is an issue, notify the motor carrier immediately. See Header.
- Grid & List View: Displays the current 24-hour period by default but will display the selected day’s logs in a grid and list view.
In Roadside View, tap the down arrow at the top of the grid view to display more information. The header presents the driver, co-driver, asset, load(s), motor carrier information, and the driver logs for the current and previous seven days.
- Asset Information: The current information pertaining to the asset or power unit including its VIN. If other vehicles have been driven during the currently selected day, they will be displayed next to “CMV Power Unit.” The Location, Odometer, and Engine hours will be displayed on the current day only.
If the VIN is displayed with a hyphen in front, the VIN provided by the ECU is invalid and ELD is using the manual VIN entered in Ground Traffic Control instead.
- Driver Information: The selected driver’s information will be displayed, including their DLN (Driver’s License Number), ID, 24-hour Starting Time, and Time Zone. Additionally, the total miles driven for the selected day will be displayed for the selected driver.
- Team Driver: If two drivers are logged into the tablet, the driver not currently selected is displayed under the team driver section, including previous co-drivers for the date selected.
- Trailer and Shipping Information: The current trailer ID and Shipping Document ID information is displayed for the selected date. This information will update with each date selected. Also, any previous trailer IDs and/or Shipping Document IDs entered by the driver on the date selected will be listed below the current information.
- Carrier: The current carrier’s information, including DOT number, is displayed here.
Zonar ELD provides preset alerts to notify drivers when they are nearing or in violation of one or more hours of service rules.
"At risk" is considered to be any time within one hour of going into violation. The following occurs when a driver is at risk:
- The clock or clocks that are within one hour of running out turn yellow on the Zonar ELD main screen.
- A notice pops up on screen informing the driver they have a limited amount of time left. This pop up automatically disappears after 30 seconds.
"Violation" is considered to be any time the driver is in Drive and one or more hours of service rules are not met. The following occurs when a driver is in violation:
- The clock or clocks that have run out turn red on the Zonar ELD main screen.
- A notice pops up on screen informing the driver they are currently in violation. This pop up automatically disappears after 30 seconds.