ELD User Manual
- Getting Started and Legal Information
- ELD Driver Logs
- My Setup
- Changing Duty Status
- Special Duty Statuses
- Unidentified Logs
- Exporting and Sharing Logs
- Team Driving
- Diagnostics & Malfunctions
This manual is subject covered by copyright, and all rights are reserved. Permission from Zonar is required to publish or reproduce this manual, noting that current Zonar customers using Zonar’s records of duty status solution (Zonar Logs) may reproduce this manual for their internal business use only, and only during the term of their contract with Zonar that includes use of Zonar’s Zonar Logs service. With respect to references in this manual to United States laws and Federal regulations, such information is available in the public domain, and Zonar’s assertion of copyright is limited to the compilation and arrangement of such information along with other materials in this publication. Zonar uses commercially reasonable efforts to provide accurate information with respect to such laws and regulations, but the user of this publication is advised that such laws and regulations are subject to change and evolving interpretations. As such, Zonar does not warrant that the information herein is error free. Zonar specifically disclaims any liability for any errors, omissions, ambiguity or misprinting contained here, and Zonar expressly reserves the right to update and modify this manual as it deems appropriate. This manual is not intended to provide legal advice, but rather is intended to provide commercially reasonable information about Zonar’s driver log products and the regulations relating to such products, as the regulations and products exist at the time of this publication. Users are advised to seek their own legal counsel if legal advice or expert assistance is required.
© 2018 Zonar Systems • 2010; EVIR; FieldView; Ground Traffic Control; GTC; V3; V4; Z PASS; Z PASS+; ZFuel; ZLOGS; Zonar; Zonar Coach; Zonar Connect; Zonar Count; Zonar Forms; Zonar Logs; Zonar Systems; Zonar Verify; Zone Tags; and ZTRAK are trademarks of Zonar Systems. RAM and Wi-Fi are third party trademarks of National Products Inc. and Wi-Fi Alliance respectively. All Rights Reserved.
Zonar products and services are protected by one or more of the following US patents: 6,502,030; 6,671,646; 6,804,626; 7,048,185; 7,117,121; 7,362,229; 7,557,696; 7,564,375; 7,680,595; 7,769,499; 7,808,369; 7,944,345; 8,106,757; 8,400,296; 8,736,419; 8,810,385; 8,914,184; 8,918,229; 8,972,097; 8,972,179; 9,092,968; 9,170,913; 9,229,906; 9230437; 9,280,435; 9,292,978; 9,358,986; 9,384,111; 9,412,282; 9,424,696; 9,489,280; 9,527,515; 9,563,869; 9,607,464; 9747254; 9,747,794; 9,787,950; 9,805,538; 9,815,681; 9,828,233; 9,856,129; 9,858,462; and 9,881,432. Zonar products and services are also protected under Canadian patents 2,458,050 and 2,478,303; as well as European patent EP 1573427.
Typically, the installation technician performs the first-time boot-up, downloads and installs any necessary updates, and accepts the license agreements for the software. The following steps occur for a tablet first-time boot after all software and applications are installed.
- Tablet performs a series of internal checks and tests to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Tablet checks for cellular connection (GSM) and if established, updates the Organization and Asset Profiles.
- Tablet displays navigation warning message (if the Navigation application is installed), which must be accepted before continuing.
- Tablet displays the license agreement, which also must be accepted.
- Tablet displays the Log In screen with a prompt for a Driver ID and PIN.
If the prompt for Reboot now displays on the tablet, it is recommended that you select it (not Reboot later) to ensure that the latest ELD update will be installed on the tablet.
It is important to follow these steps before ANY movement of the vehicle occurs to avoid unidentified driving events and to ensure all driving is properly accounted for. Logging into the tablet ensures the logs are recorded and stored with the proper driver’s profile.
- Turn on the power for the tablet.
- On the Driver Login screen, enter your driver ID or scan your driver card and tap Next.
- Enter your PIN and tap Login. This number is provided by the motor carrier before first use of the device.
Driver Login ID and PIN is unique for the driver and should not be shared with anyone.
When you log in to the tablet a log sync message is displayed.
The tablet home screen allows for quick access to Zonar applications and All Apps.
Buttons on the bottom of the tablet home screen have various functions.
- Messaging: Allows you to access the Messaging application with the Inbox, Outbox, Unread and Sent Messages, and Forms.
- Clock: The tablet clock is set based on the GPS unit in the asset. However, the clock includes the ability to set alarms.
- All Apps: Tapping the All Apps Menu icon in the bottom bar will give you access to other applications and tools, including Help for each application, Quick Tips and ELD Help.
- Brightness: Allows you to adjust the brightness level on the tablet.
- Driver Management: Tapping on this will display the current active drivers and will allow you to log out.